Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. 300,000 items to help build your collection! Specializing in Modern Numismatics Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsJoin Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

1989 Quarter No Mint Mark.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 401Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
silviosi's Avatar
Canada
6244 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2023  12:01 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
This coin really challenge me. I know some previous years coins with no mint mark but not 1989. Very few was certified and all I think sold on Heritage.

Where the MM was suppose to be I do not see (personally) grease or Die Polish. On the IGWT I will say grease by the way is gone.

What you think.? Maybe I have to clean a little bit? It is an 55 to 58.
1989-Quarter-No-Mint-Mark.
1989-Quarter-No-Mint-Mark.
1989-Quarter-No-Mint-Mark.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
-makecents-'s Avatar
United States
9011 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2023  07:26 am  Show Profile   Check -makecents-'s eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very cool find, Silvio! I would agree, Grease Filled Die.
-makecents-
Bedrock of the Community
Coinfrog's Avatar
United States
94367 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2023  09:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm still thinking grease as the culprit on the MM.
Pillar of the Community
atticguy's Avatar
United States
1373 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2023  12:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add atticguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1989-Quarter-No-Mint-Mark.

Looks like this 1994 I kept for awhile, but I threw it back into the wild a few years ago. Grease.
Edited by atticguy
03/03/2023 12:57 pm
Moderator
Learn More...
Dearborn's Avatar
United States
107670 Posts
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 401Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Forums