Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Specializing in Modern Numismatics 300,000 items to help build your collection! Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin Auctions








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

1959 Lincoln Memorial. DDO?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 516Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

United States
2408 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2023  1:23 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add RobO411 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
I've been trying to get clear enough pictures for a couple of days.
Now I see (snafu0571's) posting. Looks like the same die with the die chip in the R.
I hesitated to post but figured what the heck.


I'll stop at these pictures. Plenty more if you'd like.

1959-Lincoln-Memorial.-DDO?
1959-Lincoln-Memorial.-DDO?
1959-Lincoln-Memorial.-DDO?


1959-Lincoln-Memorial.-DDO?
1959-Lincoln-Memorial.-DDO?
1959-Lincoln-Memorial.-DDO?
1959-Lincoln-Memorial.-DDO?
Pillar of the Community
SamCoin's Avatar
United States
3237 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2023  2:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SamCoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not seeing a doubled die. Doesn't appear to have any separation line or extra thickness. It may be the same die as the one that was posted by snafu, but TropicalBats gave a pretty good analysis of why that coin wasn't a doubled die either, and the same applies to this coin.
Edited by SamCoin
05/09/2023 2:06 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2408 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2023  9:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RobO411 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
. Thanks SamCoin.
I saw what TB said. Just thought/hoped mine was a little thicker maybe.
And I had the pictures already to show.
Moderator
Learn More...
Dearborn's Avatar
United States
107175 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2023  10:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I thought I posted in here already - maybe I forgot to hit post reply button..
So going back and reviewing the other topic, it does appear to be the same die (pair?) I have seen a few coins with the chip on the R, some call it a 'skirted R'
But as mentioned before, not seeing any doubling.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
-makecents-'s Avatar
United States
8997 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2023  05:43 am  Show Profile   Check -makecents-'s eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yup, just a tired die.
-makecents-
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 516Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Forums