This nickel feels like it is right on the edge of being Full Steps. However, that is really dependent on the intensity and angle of the light. The lines are definitely present, but under softer lighting conditions, they can look smoothed.
By the very strict standards used by folks here, I would say it is shy of Full Steps. But compared to the PCGS examples—particularly MS65 and down—I think this would have a decent chance. But as far as grading goes, I am not a Jedi yet (far from it!). What say ye, o' grading gurus?
watch your light. its making the coin look like it has very little luster remaining and may have been removed by light circulation or handling. i'll give it the benefit of the doubt
MS64 and based on the 5FS designations I've seen it has a good at it. I think it depends on who grades the coin at the TPG.
I rescued this one from ebay. I was considering posting it on my own little ebay store so someone could put it in a nice album. But I didn't want to advertise it as full steps (accepting that everyone needs to make their own subjective evaluation of 5FS) unless I felt confident that it could be accurately described as 5FS or reasonably close to 5FS by other collectors.
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use