Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin Auctions300,000 items to help build your collection! Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Specializing in Modern Numismatics Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes.








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Dime Roll Searching

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6,743 / Views: 633,951Next Topic
Page: of 450
Valued Member
agibby5's Avatar
United States
139 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2012  10:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add agibby5 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had shifted to halves when I hit a few nice boxes. Also, I had about 7 boxes of dimes I needed to dump. I just got through all my old dimes.. dumping about 1-2 boxes a week. I figured I'd jump back in since I keep getting skunked on halves. I got a box last week and it yielded a 1949! WHOOP!
Pillar of the Community
grime5's Avatar
United States
811 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2012  11:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add grime5 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
got me a box of dimes today.scored a 1964 is that average for dimes. later greg
Pillar of the Community
hockingzig's Avatar
United States
1450 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2012  05:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hockingzig to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I found a 1956 Roosie in a Coinstar reject slot today. Gotta love that free silver.
Pillar of the Community
Owassokie's Avatar
United States
622 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2012  09:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Owassokie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the replies. It sounds like I'm just on the wrong side of luck with dimes so far. I think my interest in dimes would dramatically increase if I were to find an occasional Merc.

OO
Valued Member
MadMortician's Avatar
United States
397 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2012  11:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MadMortician to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Owassokie: Me too.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1723 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2012  12:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add samsnate to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Finally got to do a small search with my unexpected day off. Did 35 rolls today. 2 silver...1967 and. 1960. Happy hunting!
Pillar of the Community
M0nks's Avatar
United States
1770 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2012  7:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add M0nks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
another box and 2nd skunker in a row thats a first time that has happened hopefully it ends at 2
Pillar of the Community
M0nks's Avatar
United States
1770 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2012  8:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add M0nks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
glad it ended at 2 got 3 today 2 1964's and 1957
Pillar of the Community
fistfulladirt's Avatar
United States
4333 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2012  8:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I enjoy reading about everyone's finds. Myself, I've taken a month long break, I am seriously burnt-out after 5 years straight searching those dimes...keep up the good work!
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors...
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Pillar of the Community
CrazyCat's Avatar
United States
556 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2012  9:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CrazyCat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Question: How rare are the 1996-W dimes? Are they rarer than silver dimes? I'm just wondering. I've heard of a bunch of people on this thread talk about their silver finds, but I haven't seen a single post (as far as I know) about someone finding a 1996-W.
Pillar of the Community
murrellington's Avatar
United States
3276 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2012  12:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add murrellington to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
yes the 1996 W dime is very very rare to find in circulation. Ther were less than 1.5 million minted and they were made in mint sets only. Silver dimes, even though a lot have been pulled, there were a few BILLION minted. And they were also sent straight out into circulation. So yes the odds of finding silver is way greater than finding the 1996 w dime.
Pillar of the Community
Owassokie's Avatar
United States
622 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2012  09:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Owassokie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I found a 1995S Proof Silver Dime last night. It was the only coin work keeping out of $500 BUT it was a good one.

OO
Moderator
Learn More...
jbuck's Avatar
United States
196000 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2012  10:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
... but I haven't seen a single post (as far as I know) about someone finding a 1996-W.
https://goccf.com/t/106328

Now you know.
Pillar of the Community
CrazyCat's Avatar
United States
556 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2012  3:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CrazyCat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ohh okay. Thanks for the info guys!

Also, I just found my first silver dime(s)!

1963 x1
1946 x1

Pictures coming soon!
Moderator
Learn More...
jbuck's Avatar
United States
196000 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2012  5:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Also, I just found my first silver dime(s)!
Congratulations!
  Previous TopicReplies: 6,743 / Views: 633,951Next Topic
Page: of 450

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.52 seconds to rattle this change. Forums