Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsCoin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Specializing in Modern Numismatics








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Dime Roll Searching

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6,743 / Views: 633,920Next Topic
Page: of 450
Valued Member
United States
161 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2012  8:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add VGRX to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ahh Canada. Gotcha.

You can't edge search those dimes from Canada can you? Good in a way I guess at least for the collector. Take a bit longer to look but I would suspect more will sneak into the rolls as they don't stick out the way US silver coins do.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1723 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2012  9:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add samsnate to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Haha....i love the fact that we get a few more years to look at. :-) You are right VGRX that you cant rim search..... I use a magnet to search. Thanks everyone....it just blew my mind. The crappy thing was, I asked the teller for 40 rolls and she came back with the box and told me that she just took 10 rolls out. I wonder what was in those 10 rolls. Will Have to bring in a little something for the ladies at the business window.
Pillar of the Community
baysinger626's Avatar
United States
950 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2012  12:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add baysinger626 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My grandparents had an oatmeal can of mixed coins (no pennies) that they said I could go through and I found a 64D and a 1968 canadian.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1723 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2012  12:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add samsnate to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sweet...and the 68 was a silver 68 too?!
Valued Member
Lonz's Avatar
494 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2012  1:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lonz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Canadian Dime metal composition by year

2000--present 92.0% steel (unspecified alloy), 5.5% copper, 2.5% nickel plating
1969--1999 99.9% nickel
1968 99.9% nickel (172.5M)-- 50% silver, 50% copper (70.4M)
1967 50% silver, 50% copper (30.6M)-- 80% silver, 20% copper (32.3M)
1920--1966 80% silver, 20% copper
1910--1919 92.5% silver, 7.5% copper
1858--1910 92.5% silver, 7.5% copper
Pillar of the Community
baysinger626's Avatar
United States
950 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2012  3:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add baysinger626 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Sweet...and the 68 was a silver 68 too?!

I believe so, but I havent checked it with a magnet yet.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1723 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2012  3:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add samsnate to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Rooting for ya!
Valued Member
googoo's Avatar
United States
466 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2012  4:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add googoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$250 box got me 2 silver
1946 and 1957
1 down from my old average of 3, but it's my first box in a while
looking forward to getting back into the hunting game.....hopefully
Pillar of the Community
rachums107's Avatar
United States
3345 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2012  9:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rachums107 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
back googoo!
Valued Member
United States
396 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2012  1:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BigAppleBucky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Picked up 20 rolls on Monday and looked through them last night.

Found one 1955S

Five 2009 P and no 2009 D.

No Canadians.
Pillar of the Community
CrazyCat's Avatar
United States
556 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2012  5:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CrazyCat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Did $40 again and got nothing except this one 1974-D dime that had its clad layer scratched clean off. I'm going back to pennies I guess. Get to work on my wheat collection.
Pillar of the Community
grime5's Avatar
United States
811 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2012  08:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add grime5 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ive been skunked on my last 8 boxes.got to have some luck soon.later greg
Valued Member
DimeHunter's Avatar
United States
61 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2012  9:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DimeHunter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got a box today, but didn't realize it was full of new 2012s until I got home.

However, when I started unrolling them I found that strangely about 1 out of 10 of the rolls had between 1 and 40 of the new 2012 dimes inside it replaced with old average circulated dimes! This has never happened to me before and I still do not know why there were some old dimes stuck in to the seemingly fresh from the mint rolls. Well anyway there was about $10 worth of dimes that were not 2012, and I found a silver 1961-D in them!
Valued Member
MadMortician's Avatar
United States
397 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2012  11:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MadMortician to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$60 in rolls, skunked.
Valued Member
colu41's Avatar
United States
376 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2012  9:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add colu41 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I pretty much just gave up quarter hunting. Absolutely no luck with them. But now I'm doing about $100-$150 a week in dime rolls, and I find at least 1 or 2 time.

Call me crazy but theres nothing more exciting then seeing that silver piece in the middle of a roll.
  Previous TopicReplies: 6,743 / Views: 633,920Next Topic
Page: of 450

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.52 seconds to rattle this change. Forums