Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Specializing in Modern Numismatics 300,000 items to help build your collection! Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsRoyal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes.








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Dime Roll Searching

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6,743 / Views: 633,907Next Topic
Page: of 450
Valued Member
accordselux's Avatar
United States
154 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2012  10:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add accordselux to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just a tip for you guys, if you're getting all new coins, try calling up a coin shop local to you.

I took boxes of 2012 D dimes and pennies, got $15 over face value for the dimes, and $5 for the pennies. Not as much as ebay but a much easier plan. I took the profit and exchanged it for silver quarters.

HH!
Valued Member
CoinRollHunter's Avatar
United States
77 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2012  10:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinRollHunter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1) 2 boxes of dimes: skunk
2) $100 CWR dimes: skunk
Pillar of the Community
murrellington's Avatar
United States
3276 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2012  12:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add murrellington to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
accordselux if that is true then that is genius. I'd trade a box for even a $5 profit because right now I just take them back to the banks.
Valued Member
accordselux's Avatar
United States
154 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2012  4:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add accordselux to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It worked for me! Depends on the shop maybe, but I got face value back as a check and some silver quarters in my pocket

I'd definitely call around nearby.
Pillar of the Community
M0nks's Avatar
United States
1770 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2012  4:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add M0nks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1 box - 1928 merc
Pillar of the Community
1967Canadapenny's Avatar
United States
965 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2012  4:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1967Canadapenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
lincolncentguy's Avatar
United States
809 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2012  8:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lincolncentguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My sister found a 1942-D Mercury dime for me...in her change from Target!! Its nice to have alot of people looking for coins for you!
Valued Member
United States
161 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2012  9:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add VGRX to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What is the big deal with 2012 coinage? I didn't know they carried a premium. The only new coin I have trouble finding around here are the quarters.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1723 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2012  9:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add samsnate to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not too sure about american either. I think a lot of people are doing the canadian pennies because its the last year they will be made. Also the toonie and loonie got a facelift this year as well. That's all I know. :-)

Or maybe everyone thinks this is the last year of this fiat system..
Edited by samsnate
08/06/2012 9:53 pm
New Member
Alred13's Avatar
United States
12 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2012  10:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alred13 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
First box ever- nothing!
Valued Member
accordselux's Avatar
United States
154 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2012  11:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add accordselux to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
What is the big deal with 2012 coinage? I didn't know they carried a premium. The only new coin I have trouble finding around here are the quarters.


No premium that I know of, just that collectors want BU coins, and coin shops sell those new rolls at a premium. Instead of feeling disappointed in getting a shiny new box, I found a way other CRH's might be able to add to their collection, through a coin store.

Worth a shot, all they can do is say no!
Valued Member
cmgiscool's Avatar
United States
60 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2012  02:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cmgiscool to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Went through $100 in nickles most of which was customer wrapped. No silver but I did find a 1982 half a swiss franc. always fun to find weird foreign coins. Also had my first case of a penny hiding in a roll of dimes.
Valued Member
accordselux's Avatar
United States
154 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2012  6:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add accordselux to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got my weekly boxes, 10 silvers! 9 common Roosies and 1 26-S merc! A very low mintage, seems to be VF condition.
Valued Member
Double J's Avatar
Canada
409 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2012  11:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Double J to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice finds, I'll be picking some cases tomorrow hope I have the same result...in the Canadian versions.lol
Valued Member
CoinRollHunter's Avatar
United States
77 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2012  2:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinRollHunter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1 - box = skunk

Picking up two more today. :)

Cool finds accordselux!
Edited by CoinRollHunter
08/08/2012 2:04 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 6,743 / Views: 633,907Next Topic
Page: of 450

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.47 seconds to rattle this change. Forums