Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsCoin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall 300,000 items to help build your collection! Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Specializing in Modern Numismatics Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Dime Roll Searching

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6,743 / Views: 634,111Next Topic
Page: of 450
Pillar of the Community
murrellington's Avatar
United States
3276 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2011  4:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add murrellington to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Box #26 was a skunk on silver. but I did get:

1983 canadian 10 cents
2008 canadian 10 cents
2001 Brittish 5 Pence
1971 Malaysian 1 Sen
Pillar of the Community
murrellington's Avatar
United States
3276 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2011  6:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add murrellington to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So I hate ending on a skunk, so I went out and bought another box :)

box #27: skunk






well maybe next week I will get at least 1.
Valued Member
BuffaloBuffoon's Avatar
United States
111 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2011  9:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BuffaloBuffoon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That sux Murrellington. Hopefully you get a monster box next week :)

I did 1k in Dimes today and got 2 Rosies. Picking up more this week and hope my luck continues
Pillar of the Community
penny man's Avatar
United States
659 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2011  10:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add penny man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
jsilver, did you check the merc for 1942/1?
Valued Member
googoo's Avatar
United States
466 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2011  7:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add googoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
almost at 100 pages!
I'm disappointed that this week I am not getting any boxes.
I'm going camping friday through sunday so I will have to wait until monday or later to get anything
Valued Member
tamshowoff's Avatar
United States
326 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2011  7:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tamshowoff to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got $100 in CWR's today and ended with three silvers. 2- 64's, 58-D
Valued Member
sich0015's Avatar
United States
255 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2011  9:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sich0015 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I tried my luck with a Brinks box of dimes and I got 74 Canadians plus a 1942 Merc, 1958d Roosie which is a hole filler for me (19 left), and a 1964d. It is pretty easy to tell what is silver and what is just silver colored when rim searching.
Pillar of the Community
murrellington's Avatar
United States
3276 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2011  10:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add murrellington to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
sich. I used to get so excited to see silver and then I get let down because of a silly canadian. From edge searching of course. But now I can tell the difference just from the rim if it is american silver or just canadian.
Valued Member
BuffaloBuffoon's Avatar
United States
111 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2011  02:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BuffaloBuffoon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
4 boxes today and guess what....... 9,998 Junk Dimes!!!

Oh I did pull 2 silver Rosies
Pillar of the Community
murrellington's Avatar
United States
3276 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2011  03:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add murrellington to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2 is harsh for 4 boxes :/ but hey at least you weren't skunked completely!
Pillar of the Community
fistfulladirt's Avatar
United States
4333 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2011  06:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Keep an eye out for the 67 and earlier canadians. For '68 there are some 50% silver. You can usually tell if silver or not by eye, drop, or magnet test.
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors...
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Valued Member
danmc00's Avatar
United States
130 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2011  07:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add danmc00 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1 box last night. 2 - 1964
Pillar of the Community
SDcoinguy's Avatar
United States
2424 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2011  08:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SDcoinguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$400 or so , half of which were clear plastic, netted ZERO from them,

did score 2x from the customer wrapped though, 62-d, 64-d
Pillar of the Community
Ricardocody's Avatar
United States
1204 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2011  12:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ricardocody to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Finaly a hole filler, 1946S yahoo!
New Member
rj11248's Avatar
United States
24 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2011  2:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rj11248 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have not searched any rolls for a few months, but today I needed 1 roll of dimes for a weekend yardsale. The teller handed me a plastic roll and I noticed the silver edge. I asked to see all of her dime rolls and that was the only one with silver showing.

It turned out to be a 1948 D dime. Sometimes people just get lucky.
  Previous TopicReplies: 6,743 / Views: 634,111Next Topic
Page: of 450

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to rattle this change. Forums