Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin Auctions300,000 items to help build your collection! Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Specializing in Modern Numismatics








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

1921 Walking Liberty Half

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 1,423Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
trdhrdr007's Avatar
United States
2335 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2011  12:48 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add trdhrdr007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
If you read my other posts you know that I recently bought a group of coins from an estate. I bought all of these coins based on my opinion of grade & whether or not they had been cleaned. There are a couple of these that I think I might not have paid fair market value for. I'm not going to disclose what I paid, but if the forum opinion of grade/condition varies greatly from my own I'm going to contact the seller & make things right. I'm hoping I'll get some good opinions of grade, what problems you see & if the coin is impaired(cleaned, damaged, etc) what percentage of non-problem value would you have paid. My pics are not the best....if there's something I think the pics don't show I'll point it out.

These pics are close but this coin is "brighter" in hand.


1921-Walking-Liberty-Half

1921-Walking-Liberty-Half
Pillar of the Community
Jaobler's Avatar
United States
6447 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2011  1:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jaobler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like this one makes AG-3, towards the lower end of that grade. The reverse has light hairlines, acceptable IMO for a low-grade Walker.
Rest in Peace
coinguybrian's Avatar
United States
5375 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2011  6:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinguybrian to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i don't know if I would call this lower end AG personally because of the mostly full rims on a weakly struck date, but it has been cleaned IMO.
Pillar of the Community
busthalf's Avatar
United States
1304 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2011  06:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add busthalf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with Shadow somewhat and Jaobler to.
SO
put it on a fence does it fall Low AG or very low G
I guess it all depends on how hard and which direction the wind is blowing.
Just trying to be funny because I really don't know.
Pillar of the Community
upstate's Avatar
United States
3284 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2011  06:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add upstate to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Might be a slider G4 because the rims are mostly there.
$60-70 give or take
Pillar of the Community
trdhrdr007's Avatar
United States
2335 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2011  09:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add trdhrdr007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had this one as a toss-up between AG & G, & was leaning towards AG. Although there aren't any really distracting hairlines I believe it has been cleaned based on the color in hand. I'm considering leaving it on a windowsill for a couple months to see if that might improve it's appearance.
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 1,423Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.24 seconds to rattle this change. Forums