Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. 300,000 items to help build your collection! Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsCoin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Specializing in Modern Numismatics








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Hammered Coins

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 1,617Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
trout1105's Avatar
Australia
7096 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2011  5:50 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add trout1105 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers


Hammered-Coins

Hammered-Coins
Moderator
Learn More...
Sap's Avatar
Australia
17006 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2011  10:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sap to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
hammered coins

Yep, they sure are... apart form the one in the middle. That's a milled halfcrown.
Don't say "infinitely" when you mean "very"; otherwise, you'll have no word left when you want to talk about something really infinite. - C. S. Lewis
Pillar of the Community
trout1105's Avatar
Australia
7096 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2011  11:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add trout1105 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sap,
The one in the middle is a 1668 Charles the 2nd crown, I put it in the scan to give a size referance.
Any ideas on how old the hammered coins are?
They didnt put a date on them when they made them (dopey buggers).
Cheers
Jim
Moderator
Learn More...
Sap's Avatar
Australia
17006 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2011  01:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sap to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can't ID them down to specific types, but clockwise from the top right, you've got:
- Edward (I, II or III) penny, can;t read the mint but I don;t think it's London.
- Elizabeth I halfgroat (twopence), fifth or sixth issue (1582-1602).
- Edward (I, II or III) penny, Canterbury mint.
- Edward (I, II or III) penny, London mint.
- Charles I halfgroat.
- given that it looks more debased than the others, I'd guess a Henry VIII halfgroat.
Don't say "infinitely" when you mean "very"; otherwise, you'll have no word left when you want to talk about something really infinite. - C. S. Lewis
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 1,617Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to rattle this change. Forums