Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Specializing in Modern Numismatics Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors 300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsVancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Real Or Fake Antoninus Pius

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 2,502Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Bing's Avatar
United States
4253 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2011  1:15 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Bing to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
OK, I'm thinking about purchasing this coin. I have looked at the resources I know and cannot find it listed as a forgery. Anyone care to take a stab at it and letting me know your thoughts about its origins?

Real-Or-Fake-Antoninus-Pius

Real-Or-Fake-Antoninus-Pius
Moderator
Learn More...
echizento's Avatar
United States
23731 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2011  5:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't see any problems with this coin. A nice looking coin.
Pillar of the Community
Bing's Avatar
United States
4253 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2011  6:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bing to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks echizento. I'm still trying to get my hands around what to look for in fake coins. I have no idea what a cast seam looks like so I'm shooting in the dark. Anyway, thanks for looking. I'll let you know if I decide to buy this coin. I'm leaning that way.
Pillar of the Community
Bing's Avatar
United States
4253 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2011  10:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bing to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, I bought the coin and will receive it in a week or so, Once in hand I will be better able to ascertain if its a replica or the real thing. Thanks again echizento for your input.
Pillar of the Community
bobbyhelmet's Avatar
United Kingdom
2838 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2011  9:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobbyhelmet to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks OK to me - certainly nothing shouting at me.

A Very attractive coin.

When buying, always trust the seller more than the coin. Are they respected, have they been around a long time, have they been recommended etc.
Pillar of the Community
Bing's Avatar
United States
4253 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2011  10:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bing to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You absolutely right. The seller makes or breaks a deal. This particular seller I have purchased from in the past, plus the seller offers full refund if not satisfied. But still, I have purchased coins from dealers I have known and they have turned out to be fake. To be fair, the dealer was fooled as well.
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 2,502Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to rattle this change. Forums