Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
300,000 items to help build your collection! Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsJoin Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Specializing in Modern Numismatics








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

1922 Peace Dollar VAM 1f?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 1,760Next Topic  
Valued Member
Coinfanmorgan's Avatar
357 Posts
 Posted 12/24/2012  8:13 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Coinfanmorgan to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
I have been posting in different discussions about my Peace dollars in grading and error coins, but I was interested when I came across this new Peace dollar. I took a moment to look at VAM World, and noticed some resemblance between my dollar and the 1922 1F. Here's the pictures.

1922-Peace-Dollar-VAM-1f?

1922-Peace-Dollar-VAM-1f?

1922-Peace-Dollar-VAM-1f?

1922-Peace-Dollar-VAM-1f?

1922-Peace-Dollar-VAM-1f?
Edited by Coinfanmorgan
12/24/2012 8:16 pm
Valued Member
Coinfanmorgan's Avatar
357 Posts
 Posted 12/24/2012  8:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfanmorgan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply


1922-Peace-Dollar-VAM-1f?
Moderator
Learn More...
SsuperDdave's Avatar
United States
23522 Posts
 Posted 12/24/2012  8:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The reverse field die break is the major feature of VAM-1F. This coin doesn't have that break, so I'm a bit unsure why you've made that determination.
Valued Member
Coinfanmorgan's Avatar
357 Posts
 Posted 12/24/2012  8:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfanmorgan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I thought it was one because of the pattern in the tips of the points below the E in E Pluribus.
Valued Member
Coinfanmorgan's Avatar
357 Posts
 Posted 12/24/2012  8:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfanmorgan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If it's not a VAM, then would it be PMD? I just thought the tip on the obverse was a weird pattern.
Moderator
Learn More...
SsuperDdave's Avatar
United States
23522 Posts
 Posted 12/25/2012  12:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've seen that pattern before. The rays dent easily, and I think what causes it is a stack of Dollars inside a Mint bag falling against that single ray when the bag is tossed.
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 1,760Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to rattle this change. Forums