Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsSpecializing in Modern Numismatics








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

What Canadian Do You Collect?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 105 / Views: 13,440Next Topic
Page: of 7
Pillar of the Community
stevex6's Avatar
3352 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2012  9:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stevex6 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
hmmmm, that is 50 cents more than face-value ... please let me get back to you on your offer, okay?

... *whateva*


I have about 100 of these old notes => has there ever been a Canadian Note show? (if not, then maybe I should start a thread? ... if there has been one already, then maybe i'll just sit back down and shut my trap)

SIDENOTE => wow => I'm actually sooooooo happy, because my favorite NFL team just won (San Fran, which was a total upset) against Drew Brees (who rocks, I admit) and his New Orleans saints => wow! => I am sooooo pumped right now (it's a nice feeling!)

... anyway ... I digress ... if there hasn't been a Canadian thread showing-off all of our really cool paper-money, then we should start one ...

... or tell me if you want me to start one ...


... I'm the "banana"
Edited by stevex6
01/14/2012 9:13 pm
Pillar of the Community
Ugly's Avatar
Canada
1733 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2012  9:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ugly to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I admit I would like one of the Sasquatch quarters they made, but they looked too cartoon-ish to me and 25.00 for something not silver was a bit steeply priced for me.


Don't worry Earle, every time I see that coin I think about what the Sasquatch must have on his mind..


Quote:
Darn birds always pooping on me just because I have only one arm, let me find a pine-cone and I'll show 'em


Pillar of the Community
stevex6's Avatar
3352 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2012  9:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stevex6 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I buy "every quarter" that the mint prints/strikes ... yup, even the painted ones ...

I actually really enjoy the over-sized painted Bird-Series, but that's about the only painted coins that I find collectible ...

However => my OCD tells me that if you're a Sasquatch dude, then why not buy this coin? (if you keep it in okay shape, then at least you'll have a really cool one armed sasquatch coin, right?) => hey, I have one!
Pillar of the Community
coincollect1's Avatar
Canada
1731 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2012  9:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coincollect1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
steve lets start one in about a week or so maybe 2! I'm going to coin store soon and I'm going to get a ton of paper money or maybe one real expensive one! but yes we should! and ill raise my off 5 bucks XD And that was a really good game
Bedrock of the Community
Earle42's Avatar
United States
10065 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2012  9:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Ugly



Seriously, It was a little hard to catch my breath for awhile!

@Steve

Quote:
However => my OCD tells me that if you're a Sasquatch dude, then why not buy this coin? (if you keep it in okay shape, then at least you'll have a really cool one armed sasquatch coin, right?) => hey, I have one!


When I first heard about them planning it - I had in my mind a more serious pic - something like the famous pic of "Patty."
What-Canadian-Do-You-Collect?

(OK - minus the flag)

But when I first saw the actual design I felt it more was in line with this:
What-Canadian-Do-You-Collect?

However, it really is NOT as bad as the Elvis version, so I probably would pay 5.00 for one of them (and hey, its Canadian!). But since its not PM, it most likely will always just be a novelty piece that will not appreciate in value. I have to keep this in mind since my pursuits tend towards future finances since I am disabled at 49 years old.

So for now I will spend the 25.00 on other coin related things (like the albums I just bought).









edited to include 2 responses
How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
Download and read: Grading the graders
Costly TPG ineptitude and No FG Kennedy halves
https://ln5.sync.com/dl/7ca91bdd0/w...i3b-rbj9fir2
Edited by Earle42
01/14/2012 11:19 pm
Pillar of the Community
Petersun's Avatar
Canada
1700 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2012  11:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petersun to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All circulation coins and 50 cents.
Pillar of the Community
stevex6's Avatar
3352 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2012  04:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stevex6 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Earle42 => wow, I would love to add your two sasquatch versions to my coin collection! (the Royal Canadian Mint is looking for a few good men!)

Bedrock of the Community
Earle42's Avatar
United States
10065 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2012  3:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Steve6 - if only I could make these real.

Then again, I could print a bunch of stickers up
How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
Download and read: Grading the graders
Costly TPG ineptitude and No FG Kennedy halves
https://ln5.sync.com/dl/7ca91bdd0/w...i3b-rbj9fir2
Valued Member
skwca's Avatar
Canada
91 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2012  4:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add skwca to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a thing for the 50 cent coins, I've started my collection but I do realize how almost impossible it will be for me to complete a set from 1850's-present but ima try.

I also want to complete my Canadian dollar set.
Pillar of the Community
stevex6's Avatar
3352 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2012  5:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stevex6 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
skwca => no way => it wouldn't be impossible at all => far from it!

=> c'mon man, get your game-face on!

Sure, it might take a bit of patience and quite a bit of money to collect some of the older coins, but collecting the 50 cent collection is a totally do-able and 100% worthwhile/lucrative endeavour!

What-Canadian-Do-You-Collect?

yah, Bro => you can do it!



See! => even those dudes think that it's possible!
Pillar of the Community
tristen1230's Avatar
Canada
516 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2012  8:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tristen1230 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I collect Nicekls and dimes mainly. Somewhat large cents since they are usually cheap.
Rest in Peace
biggfredd's Avatar
United States
9104 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2012  11:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add biggfredd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
, tristen1230!
Pillar of the Community
ikandiggit's Avatar
Canada
1166 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2012  2:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ikandiggit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Most of my Canadian collection consisted of coins I found metal detecting. Then I bought a hoard of 20,000 cents and that started me on collecting small cents (looking more for errors and varieties and filling in dates). Then, just last week I bought an estate and now I have a nice collection of large cents, small cents, five cent silvers, nickels dimes and quarters. I had an album that was almost full of 1937 to 1967 fifty cent pieces but I sold it for Trends prices (which I'm sure I'm going to regret later).
Bedrock of the Community
SHAFTA9a's Avatar
Canada
10743 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2012  4:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SHAFTA9a to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I had an album that was almost full of 1937 to 1967 fifty cent pieces but I sold it for Trends prices (which I'm sure I'm going to regret later)



You most certainly will, ikandiggit
Pillar of the Community
ikandiggit's Avatar
Canada
1166 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2012  6:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ikandiggit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply



Quote:

Quote:
I had an album that was almost full of 1937 to 1967 fifty cent pieces but I sold it for Trends prices (which I'm sure I'm going to regret later)



You most certainly will, ikandiggit



It's only been one day and I wish I had them back. Seller's remorse settling in....
  Previous TopicReplies: 105 / Views: 13,440Next Topic
Page: of 7

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Forums