Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Recommendations For Coin Tubes For Storing.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 309Next Topic  
Valued Member

Italy
316 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2022  05:25 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Roma2021 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello,

I have a few stacks of Kennedy halves, Morgan and Peace dollars just sitting around (safely stored) and I want to put them in tubes.

Any particularly strong opinions about which option is best or preferred etc.

Thanks!

R.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10427 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
8962 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2022  09:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I use coin tubes for storing lower value, common coins--not for pristine and/or high $$ pieces.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17772 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2022  11:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I love round crystal clear plastic tubes with screw-on caps . Keeps coins in pristine condition for multiple decades . They do not contain PVC contributors . The tubes I don't like are the square ones that you can't see through , these are made of a softer plastic which I believe are not good for keeping coins in BU condition . they're only liked by some because they are less likely to fall over compared to the round tubes .
Now if you want to salt away OBW rolls of Lincoln Cents , put them original paper wrapped , in Nickel tubes ; they will fit nice and snug no rattle .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Edited by T-BOP
06/29/2022 11:11 am
Valued Member
United States
487 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2022  11:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add livingwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Do some comparison shopping on Amazon, eBay, Wizard Coin Supply. I keep my 90% circulated silver in tubes, some just in plastic baggies. For tubes I have a few screw on type lids that sometimes get loose. I prefer the push on lids.
Edited by livingwater
06/29/2022 11:21 am
Valued Member
Italy
316 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2022  11:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Roma2021 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everyone. I have some circulated Kennedy halves and some Morgans and peace which are just about bullion....and I'm leaning toward screw top. The Kennedy halves stacks get difficult to move around the safe without knocking over...thanks again.
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 309Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.26 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: