Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1960 D Large Date (1c) Penny. Does Anyone Think I Have A DDO And/ Or RPM D/D? (6 Different Pennies)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 363Next Topic  
United States
14 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2022  6:38 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add pdw351 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
74930 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2022  7:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm seeing Die Deterioration here.

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2870 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2022  8:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the forum!

Best to post one coin per thread, easier for everyone. I see no doubled dies at all, as Coinfrog said, looks like a lot of Die Deterioration. That being said, with the pics provided (need to be clearer), coin number 4 looks like it could be RPM-003, on Variety Vista, pic comparison below. Coins 5 and 6 show promise with something going on inside the mm. There are a pile of RPM's for this year so I'm letting you study those, with the link below, get back with us on your thoughts. Remember, you can rule out most by the mint mark location to the date.

Link to RPM-003 http://www.varietyvista.com/02b%20L...0DRPM003.htm

Link to VV's 1960 D RPM's. http://www.varietyvista.com/02b%20L...20(1-60).htm

-makecents-
United States
14 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2022  05:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pdw351 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you. I appreciate the time and feedback. This site is very respectful and informative for the newbie collectors.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
60894 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2022  2:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your coin is showing Machine Doubling. Note the date and mintmark are affected. Not die wear. Note the east side of the zero is reduced in size. That is what Machine Doubling does. It remove part of the contour of the affected area. If you checked other areas on the devices on the same side, they are probably also affected the same?

Note that on this coin, the devices were all affected in the same direction. Your coin might also show this on your coin. Different directions are affected by the looseness of the machine. Even from strike to strike they can be different looking. Not a die issue, but a striking issue. (RPM/DDO / DDR are die varieties, die issues) Machine Doubling is a machine issue.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
12/01/2022 2:13 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2870 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2022  10:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Thank you. I appreciate the time and feedback. This site is very respectful and informative for the newbie collectors.
You are welcome. Come back when you've had time to check out the other RPM listings, in comparing with your 5th and 6th coins.
-makecents-
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10140 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2022  05:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree, please post only one coin at a time (makes replying easier).

to the CCF!
ça va bien aller

Valued Member
261 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2022  05:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 279773 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great photography!- Although.
Edited by 279773
12/02/2022 05:16 am
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 363Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: