Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors 300,000 items to help build your collection! Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsVancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Specializing in Modern Numismatics








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

1935 Birth Year Set.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 3,810Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
stampvirgin's Avatar
United States
1247 Posts
 Posted 06/07/2014  9:53 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add stampvirgin to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
I put this 1935 birth year set today.
I already had the Peace dollar, grade AU-58.

I would appreciate any input, grade opinion.

Here is what I think (these are scans)
All the coins have a brilliant luster, the penny, quarter and half are the best. The quarter has the most incredible luster, like a new coin from the mint. The half dollar is second in brilliance, followed by the penny, dime and nickel.
I grade these at
1c - 1935-D MS 64
5c - 1935 AU 58
10c - 1935-S AU 55
25c - 1935 MS 65
50c - 1935 MS 64


1935-Birth-Year-Set.
1935-Birth-Year-Set.
1935-Birth-Year-Set.
1935-Birth-Year-Set.
1935-Birth-Year-Set.
1935-Birth-Year-Set.
1935-Birth-Year-Set.
1935-Birth-Year-Set.
1935-Birth-Year-Set.
1935-Birth-Year-Set.
Edited by stampvirgin
06/07/2014 10:02 pm
Pillar of the Community
stampvirgin's Avatar
United States
1247 Posts
 Posted 06/07/2014  10:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stampvirgin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will say the most expensive coin in this set was the quarter @ $70.00
Pillar of the Community
Cruisinfusion's Avatar
United States
1531 Posts
 Posted 06/07/2014  10:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cruisinfusion to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great set!
Valued Member
zookr's Avatar
United States
335 Posts
 Posted 06/07/2014  10:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add zookr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
very nice - Capital holder?
Pillar of the Community
stampvirgin's Avatar
United States
1247 Posts
 Posted 06/07/2014  10:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stampvirgin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
these were all in 2x2's.
I just finished removing them from the 2x2's and putting them in a holder. so all six coins are together.
Rest in Peace
dave700x's Avatar
United States
10625 Posts
 Posted 06/07/2014  10:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice!
Valued Member
WashQuartJesse's Avatar
United States
173 Posts
 Posted 06/07/2014  10:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WashQuartJesse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Scans certainly don't speak well to any coin's luster but they have a tendancy to highlight any hits... that quarter is near flawless! Great set. Thank you for sharing.
Pillar of the Community
stampvirgin's Avatar
United States
1247 Posts
 Posted 06/07/2014  10:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stampvirgin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will take some pictures as soon as I can and post them..
Pillar of the Community
solotime's Avatar
United States
2311 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2014  12:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add solotime to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The only one I know how to grade good is the buffalo.
I see you kind of missed just a touch. I'd call that a AU-55 from those pictures.
Pillar of the Community
rupester's Avatar
United States
1300 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2014  05:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rupester to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Check out the app PCGS photograde or perhaps you already have, great coins my friend!!
Valued Member
larrytw's Avatar
United States
126 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2014  09:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add larrytw to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
very nice!
Pillar of the Community
junior e's Avatar
United States
931 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2014  10:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add junior e to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks great. Pretty nice set for a Young a Guy!
Pillar of the Community
stampvirgin's Avatar
United States
1247 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2014  4:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stampvirgin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So, now I am thinking... I put this together, because it is my dad's birth year.
Do you folks think the quarter is worth grading? I have never had a coin graded before.
My local LCS would send it out for me, since I don't have a subscription to PCGS.
Pillar of the Community
Dar's Avatar
United States
1476 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2014  5:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dar to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very Nice Set !

I Love the LWC !
Pillar of the Community
stampvirgin's Avatar
United States
1247 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2014  5:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stampvirgin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here are some more pictures.. taken with my cell phone as my camera battery is dead. :)

1935-Birth-Year-Set.
1935-Birth-Year-Set.
1935-Birth-Year-Set.
1935-Birth-Year-Set.
1935-Birth-Year-Set.

1935-Birth-Year-Set.
1935-Birth-Year-Set.
Edited by stampvirgin
06/08/2014 5:56 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
20753 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2014  10:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Leave well enough alone. All are excessively nice. I wouldn't send in for grading. WHY? They look great as is.
  Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 3,810Next Topic
Page: of 2

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.44 seconds to rattle this change. Forums