| Author |
Replies: 7 / Views: 1,002 |
|
|
Valued Member
United States
271 Posts |
Here's a doozy I found crh. The obverse ring is raised, the reverse ring is infuse. The ring fits perfectly with a quarter, but I don't understand how this could happen and not leave more damage to the reverse. It's indented but the devices and field don't show damage other than the indentation. I know it's PMD, but thought I'd share. Thx for looking. I'll put it under my scope for better pics.  
|
|
|
|
Moderator
 United States
56855 Posts |
Need good close ups but looks like PMD so far. John1 
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
94367 Posts |
Much larger images, please.
|
|
Valued Member
 United States
271 Posts |
|
|
Valued Member
United States
108 Posts |
I like coins like this regardless of if they are mint damage or PMD. Pretty cool.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
4618 Posts |
Is the diameter of the circle the same as a quarter? It looks like maybe a quarter would fit in that area. It may have has a coin against the reverse that was pressed into the Kennedy.
If not a quarter, maybe a Small Dollar?
ANA ID: 3203813 - CONECA ID: N-5637 Clean a coin that may be worth collecting? Please DON'T! When in doubt, leave it dirty!! 
|
|
Valued Member
 United States
271 Posts |
A quarter fits perfectly but not a single reed mark anywhere on the reverse valley. It's strange. Look at the stars in the valley of the reverse. You'd think that there would be Reed Marks but There are none anywhere. And cool toning in hand.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
1538 Posts |
Almost looks like someone tried to "cook" a quarter on the half dollar. The quarter provided some cover, but the outer part of the half dollar blackened. The metal may have gotten hot enough to cause it to sag; hence, the incuse area on the reverse and the raised area on the obverse. House fire, possibly, or just someone messing around — pure speculation, of course.
Edited by halfamind 09/02/2022 1:08 pm
|
| |
Replies: 7 / Views: 1,002 |
|