| Author |
Replies: 10 / Views: 1,008 |
|
|
New Member
United States
37 Posts |
Edited by EchoCoin2023 03/07/2023 02:36 am
|
|
|
|
Moderator
 United States
34564 Posts |
That is odd. I have no idea why someone would do this, but I don't see how it could have left the mint looking like this. I might keep it just for the novelty, knowing it is just damage.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push." -----Ghanaian proverb
"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed." -----King Adz
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
2775 Posts |
Maybe encased at some point, but not like I've seen before. Thanks, Doug.
|
|
Moderator
 United States
15959 Posts |
 to the CCF That is indeed odd. It did not leave the mint that way so it is PMD - although I can't begin to speculate how someone did that. Creative coin destroyers are everywhere! It's curious enough that I would place it in a 2x2 and save as a novelty.
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19633 Posts |
Odd, cool, and deliberate. Yes, a 2x2 novelty.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
669 Posts |
Looking at the edge, it seems as if the obverse may be popped off - like a Magician's coin. Have you explored that possibility?
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
94367 Posts |
Definitely PMD but very cool.
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
62064 Posts |
Altered coin. Now damaged. Just a face value coin now.
|
|
Moderator
 United States
108190 Posts |
Somebody had a lit of time on their hands here to carve that out.
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
37206 Posts |
|
|
New Member
 United States
37 Posts |
Thank you guys for all of your replies. Yeah, seems to be a PMD, will keep it for fun:)
|
| |
Replies: 10 / Views: 1,008 |
|