Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsJoin Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Specializing in Modern Numismatics Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall 300,000 items to help build your collection!








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

The Goal: 25,000 Rolls Of Nickels (All Searchers Welcome!)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13,339 / Views: 1,079,806Next Topic
Page: of 890
Pillar of the Community
jedichef's Avatar
United States
781 Posts
 Posted 11/10/2011  6:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jedichef to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've been tossing my 2009's back. i'll keep em if they're stunningly beautiful, but for the most part they all go back in the pond. I realize it's a fairly low mintage, but I just cant get all that excited about it. maybe i'll kick myself in 5 or 10 years' time. we'll see.
Pillar of the Community
murrellington's Avatar
United States
3276 Posts
 Posted 11/10/2011  6:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add murrellington to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i was keeping them because even the circulated rolls were selling for over $10 each on ebay. I just checked and it looks like the 2009 coins buying frenzy has worn down a bit. People were paying over $100 for an uncirculated 2009 p nickel roll. looks like people gained their sanity back.
Pillar of the Community
robbudo's Avatar
United States
2760 Posts
 Posted 11/10/2011  7:38 pm  Show Profile   Check robbudo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add robbudo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Box 24: A silver 45-P and a 1927 buffalo (solid G4). Nothing else but I'm pretty happy with the box.
Pillar of the Community
rachums107's Avatar
United States
3345 Posts
 Posted 11/10/2011  8:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rachums107 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ive gotten like 10 or so 2009P and 3-4 2009D. I only keep them if they look nice and not all dirty or whatever.
Pillar of the Community
robbudo's Avatar
United States
2760 Posts
 Posted 11/10/2011  9:01 pm  Show Profile   Check robbudo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add robbudo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Box 25: one lonely 1945P, a 1 Franc from Belgium and nothing else.

Pillar of the Community
rachums107's Avatar
United States
3345 Posts
 Posted 11/10/2011  10:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rachums107 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Box #42 down
1 silver: 1942-P I'm changing my ratio to make more sense. 33/42 so 33 silvers out of 42 boxes.
no buffs
no proofs
no V's

8 keepers altogether. Even with the reject pre60s I usually have more.

Dates:
42CuNi
41-D

Til next time
Valued Member
Jdot's Avatar
United States
139 Posts
 Posted 11/10/2011  10:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jdot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've been collecting various junk silver for a while now (I work in a bank... it's an easy hobby) came across this thread after finding my first War Nickel. Decided to start collecting a full set from 38-61 and I must say it didn't take long to get hooked. I search rolls a bit differently... I search about $20 a day and whatever random cwr's we take in. I estimate that I am a box and a half in and the results are good. I have filled 30 of 65 holes and have 2 silvers and a dateless buff on the tally. Here are results:

41 pre 1958
2 silvers
1 dateless buff
0 foreign coins
Good stuff:
1951
1951 d
1952 d
1952s
1953s
1955. I know found it in my first box

Thanks for the good thread I am enjoying the challenge!


Pillar of the Community
rachums107's Avatar
United States
3345 Posts
 Posted 11/10/2011  11:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rachums107 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Jdot! Lotsa fun searching nickels aint it! Nice finds so far! You dont know what wed give to work in a bank...
Pillar of the Community
robbudo's Avatar
United States
2760 Posts
 Posted 11/11/2011  09:05 am  Show Profile   Check robbudo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add robbudo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I found a dime in a fed wrapped roll yesterday; the roll had 1 dime and 39 nickels. First time that happened. Also found a fed wrapped roll that was 4 nickels short.
Valued Member
Jdot's Avatar
United States
139 Posts
 Posted 11/11/2011  10:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jdot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Rachums, working in a bank is great for collecting... most of my teammates think collecting is pretty strange (even just collecting silver) so they give me whatever I ask for that comes in. On the flip side I don't work on the teller line so I can't get too distracted with the hobby.
Pillar of the Community
United States
860 Posts
 Posted 11/11/2011  11:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JonNickelCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Finally a good box! I thought you guys had taken everything out of circulation.

My son and I did a box tonight.

My finds were:

1945P
1949s (#11)
1942d (#10)
2010 Canadian (for my son's collection

My son's finds were:

1955d (upgrade)
a 1950 foreign coin, perhaps Belgian
Pillar of the Community
Finn235's Avatar
United States
6130 Posts
 Posted 11/12/2011  12:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Finn235 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The-Goal:-25,000-Rolls-Of-Nickels-All-Searchers-Welcome!

The-Goal:-25,000-Rolls-Of-Nickels-All-Searchers-Welcome!
Edited by Finn235
11/12/2011 12:10 pm
Valued Member
jdbarrick's Avatar
United States
350 Posts
 Posted 11/12/2011  12:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jdbarrick to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How do you go about getting many many boxes of coins. I have done a couple here and there and just tell them I'm working on a small project. How do you all go about this and what do you tell the bank?
Pillar of the Community
CaptainFwiffo's Avatar
United States
4132 Posts
 Posted 11/12/2011  2:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CaptainFwiffo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Finn235: Was that one box for all those Buffaloes?
Valued Member
tamshowoff's Avatar
United States
326 Posts
 Posted 11/12/2011  3:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tamshowoff to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
jdbarrick

Just tell them the truth. Most banks will work with you if you are curtious and polite. They can usually see through a lie.
  Previous TopicReplies: 13,339 / Views: 1,079,806Next Topic
Page: of 890

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.84 seconds to rattle this change. Forums