Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer 300,000 items to help build your collection! Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Specializing in Modern Numismatics Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin Auctions








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

The Goal: 25,000 Rolls Of Nickels (All Searchers Welcome!)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13,339 / Views: 1,080,028Next Topic
Page: of 890
Pillar of the Community
robbudo's Avatar
United States
2760 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2012  5:53 pm  Show Profile   Check robbudo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add robbudo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
woops, jdBEIER38, sorry. very sorry. neat lamination fit for a 2X2 and probably worth $1.
New Member
jdbeier38's Avatar
United States
46 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2012  6:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jdbeier38 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have it in the dansco until I can find something else to replace it :)
Pillar of the Community
United States
860 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2012  10:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JonNickelCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Tonight's box yielded the following finds:

1943P
1938p (two!)
and one upgrade
Pillar of the Community
Kefiroth's Avatar
United States
1431 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2012  11:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kefiroth to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I searched through $300 of nickels over today and yesterday and came up with 2 1949S, and a 1936 Buffalo. On a bit of a silver dry-streak.

For those whom it may interest, my buffalo find list thusfar:

Dateless (11)
1917
1920
1927
1929
1930 (2)
1934D
1935 (2)
1935D
1936 (6)
1936D (2)
1937 (3)
1937D
Edited by Kefiroth
01/14/2012 11:33 pm
Pillar of the Community
robbudo's Avatar
United States
2760 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2012  09:10 am  Show Profile   Check robbudo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add robbudo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Box 44 (NF strings and sons): 1 dateless buffalo with an S mintmark, 1938 (VF), 43P, 1950 P (3!), and the 1983 P Cud (https://goccf.com/t/107756) I posted when I found it. I must say that it is particularly frustrating to find a dateless buffalo with an 'S' mintmark.
Pillar of the Community
robbudo's Avatar
United States
2760 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2012  09:13 am  Show Profile   Check robbudo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add robbudo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
hockingzig, Wish I could retire to do this! 7 boxes of nickels this year and I wish I could double it. Yesterday I realized that I won't be able to get any boxes on Monday (national holiday), I would have stocked up if I had remembered. Using the time to organize the misc coins I have laying around ...
Pillar of the Community
coinsearcher83's Avatar
United States
1361 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2012  2:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinsearcher83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, 'twasn't a roll find, but I found a 1942 in the change slot of a printer.
New Member
United States
18 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2012  7:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add whecht to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Does anyone know what happened to CopperNickelDaddy?

I see that the name of the forum was changed.
Pillar of the Community
United States
860 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2012  9:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JonNickelCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Tonight's box yielded a 1937p Buffalo and three upgrades.

It turns out that on comparison, one of the 1938p's I found last night was the best I've ever found.

Those of you with dateless Buffalos may be able to bring out the dates by soaking them in white vinegar for a few days or perhaps longer.
New Member
jdbeier38's Avatar
United States
46 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2012  12:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jdbeier38 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Day 1 no coins ... it's just me and the crickets .... boredom is setting in. I'm not sure if I will be able to survive. Note to self ... remember national holidays.
Pillar of the Community
robbudo's Avatar
United States
2760 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2012  7:24 pm  Show Profile   Check robbudo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add robbudo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Box 45: $80 CWR & $20 of NF S&S. It was all they had I was desperate after not having any for a 3-day weekend.

Keepers: 41S, 45P, 50P (AU), 09P
Edited by robbudo
01/17/2012 7:25 pm
Pillar of the Community
527 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2012  8:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheDanMan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
At one of my dump banks, the teller had for me a 1944p War Nickel!

And in coin roll hunting, I found a 1938p and a 1935 Buffalo!
Valued Member
bbradford71's Avatar
United States
286 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2012  9:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bbradford71 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Searched Box #7 today, some decent finds all in all.

Chase Bank, Brinks Rolls, Houston Texas

1 x 1959D
4 x 1958D
2 x 1957D
1 x 1957 ( no mint mark)
3 x 1955D
1 x 1954S
2 x 1954D
1 x 1954 ( no mint mark)
3 x 1953D
1 x 1949D
1 x 1948D
1 x 1948 ( no mint mark)
1 x 1945S
1 x 1941D
2 x 1941 ( no mint mark)
1 x 1940 ( no mint mark)
1 x 1939 ( no mint mark)
2 x 2009D
1 x 2009P


Until tomorrow and another box

-B
Pillar of the Community
527 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2012  10:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheDanMan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Was your box machine sealed or did you just buy a random mix of nickels for $100? Either way, you have some pretty decent finds, including the War Nickel.
Valued Member
Jdot's Avatar
United States
139 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2012  10:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jdot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Searched $18 in cwr at lunch... it was all I had at the branch that I haven't searched. It turned out better than the last couple of hundred bucks I've gone trough. Got a 43s and 44p and a few upgrades.
  Previous TopicReplies: 13,339 / Views: 1,080,028Next Topic
Page: of 890

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.84 seconds to rattle this change. Forums