Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Specializing in Modern Numismatics Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall 300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin Auctions








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

1877 S Trade Dollar For Grading !

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
First Page  Showing last 15 replies.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 1,990Next Topic Page 2 of 2
New Member
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2023  5:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Okstate1212 to your friends list
Thanks John1! Fixed!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11951 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2023  5:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GR58 to your friends list
Really nice detail on this coin. I could go AU

Have to say . checks should be done on Trade dollars.

Weight . metal checks .. for 90% silver. Check with magnet.

If all checks out . it is a really nice looking coin.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
94367 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2023  7:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list
I'll say EF-45. Please don't handle it this way.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1483 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2023  8:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add luvmyCAM to your friends list
Nice AU-55 for me there's so many that are cleaned at one point or another but yours looks original from the pics.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2018 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2023  8:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MisterT to your friends list
I can get to AU on this one but I also concur that a thorough assessment must be made for weight and composition since so many have been counterfeited. That said I don't see anything that would scream fake by these pictures but I would expect to see more luster on a coin with such sharp details.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4509 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2023  9:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slider23 to your friends list
The coin looks genuine XF45
Pillar of the Community
United States
1789 Posts
 Posted 04/25/2023  12:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ploopy to your friends list
AU but could go details cleaned. Last pic might be showing hairlines left of Lady Liberty
Pillar of the Community
United States
7326 Posts
 Posted 04/25/2023  03:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list
A Trade dollar I would be happy to have in my collection. Great example.
New Member
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 04/25/2023  08:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Okstate1212 to your friends list
I think I'm going to send this coin in to get it graded! If I were to ever put this coin on the market, it would ultimately need to be graded anyway correct?

I went to the local coin shop the other week to get more information about value and grading for the coin, and the shop owner offered me $125. Was this a bad deal?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
18932 Posts
 Posted 04/25/2023  08:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list

Quote:
the shop owner offered me $125. Was this a bad deal?


absolutely...if the coin is legit and it grades straight which I believe its all original it would be in the $350 range at retail.

I'm with XF group on this one. I think it makes XF45. I cant get it to AU but it looks original or at worst a light wipe at some point and if you are looking to sell it in the future I normally would not recommend slabbing but I agree in this case

repost if you do send it in
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
54297 Posts
 Posted 04/25/2023  4:09 pm  Show Profile   Check nss-52's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nss-52 to your friends list

Quote:
the shop owner offered me $125. Was this a bad deal?
This makes me think you took the money.
Show your financial support of the Coin Community Family (click here)
See my topic on Mexican Numismatic Medals (click here)
New Member
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 04/25/2023  4:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Okstate1212 to your friends list
1877-S-Trade-Dollar-For-Grading-!

" This makes me think you took the money."

Have faith in me guys..
Edited by Okstate1212
04/25/2023 4:44 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
37206 Posts
 Posted 04/25/2023  4:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list
Nice EF-45.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1959 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2023  03:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jpbone to your friends list
Go Pokes! Nice looking coin. I'm at 45.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
21792 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2023  06:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list
Patination over the worn high points of the design, both sides.
Still a pleasing coin.

EF-45 OK by me.
Page 2 of 2   Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 1,990Next Topic Page 2 of 2
First Page  Showing last 15 replies.
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.


    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to rattle this change. Forums