Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Five Dollar Not Without The Queens Head

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 5,958Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1041 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2016  03:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add shanew to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
just rubbish mate spend them ..........
Valued Member
Australia
248 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2016  06:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hercules to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I know it seems hard to believe, but they're actually more valuable with the face still on them, because it's very easy to deface a banknote, but almost impossible to "undeface" one. Paintings in an art gallery don't go up in value when people vandalise them, so why should banknotes be any different?
Learn More...
Australia
13446 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2016  09:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sap to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry, but genuine "missing ink" error notes of this nature aren't missing just her face. They're missing her entire head. And every other speck of black ink on that side of the note except for the signatures, which I believe are printed on in a separate stage.

You have notes that are damaged. All you'd need to make one is a cotton swab and chemical capable of dissolving the black ink but no the plastic. I'm not sure which chemical solvent would be optimal to cause this effect, but you could try dry cleaning fluid, petrol, hexane or xylene for starters. Ironically, you could also try eucalyptus oil, though the odour would probably permeate the plastic and give it away.

I would not recommend actually doing this to Australian notes, of course. It's defacing currency. $5000 fine and/or two years in prison, if caught.
Don't say "infinitely" when you mean "very"; otherwise, you'll have no word left when you want to talk about something really infinite. - C. S. Lewis
Australia
1 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2020  06:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hrothgar to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a 5 dollar note with the face missing identical to the one Aterfloris shows in the lower pic. This is an AA series and is in good condition. does anyone know details of this note?
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1590 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2020  5:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr T to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Unfortunately it's damaged so probably only worth $5. They got replaced quickly enough with the colour scheme that we are more familiar with.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
809 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2020  8:50 pm  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Hrothgar agree with Mr T, however if you have picture or scan might be better able to help, as that was what happen to the early version of the $5 note once they have been through circulation. If on the other hand it was some sort of inking error which I doubt, then worth.
Learn More...
United States
91042 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Australia
630 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2020  6:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Basil to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Hrothgar, to the Community!

+1
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 5,958Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.5 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05