Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

20 Cent Errors - General

First page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 37 / Views: 13,012Next Topic
Page: of 3
Formerly nancyc
Australia
5276 Posts
 Posted 01/06/2014  04:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nevol to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Small cud errors are nice if you plan on being an error collector. I personally love all errors, and sometimes pay a small premium to get one I can't seem to find for myself.

Bigger cuds will usually get a slightly higher price depending on the coin, where it is and type of cud etc.

I also collect die cracks & laminations among other types of errors.

life is a mystery to be lived not a problem to be solved
Australia
36 Posts
 Posted 01/06/2014  11:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add deathandwar to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
hmmm thank you, I will look out for them
Australia
2 Posts
 Posted 12/25/2017  06:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add P100_Ute to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, I noticed these 2 that I had received in change that looked different from the rest.. the one with the funny bit on the end of the 2 is a 1968 one. the other one has a few chips in it but down the bottom of the water ring it looks deformed.

Formerly nancyc
Australia
5276 Posts
 Posted 12/25/2017  5:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nevol to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF.

Sorry, but both coins appear to be PMD. Keep looking and you'll be sure to find a keeper.
Learn More...
United States
103793 Posts
Australia
2 Posts
 Posted 12/26/2017  05:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add P100_Ute to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thanks guys. I have slowly been collecting a few old notes and coins here and theyre but nothing too flash..
Learn More...
United States
103793 Posts
Australia
6 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2021  01:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bugs710 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I came across this 1969 20 cent piece in my change this afternoon. You can clearly see the indentation in the base of the 2 without any magnification.

It appears to be factory formed as there is no pressed out metal below the indentation. What are your thoughts, is this an actual error coin and is it valuable like my 1966 wavy baseline?
Valued Member
Australia
384 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2021  04:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add echidna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bugs
I see what you mean in terms of no pressed out metal.
Another example would be required though before saying not PMD.
A man who tells lies merely hides the truth. But a man who tells half-lies has forgotten where he put it.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
18972 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2021  06:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Australian 10 Cent and 20 Cent coins of the late 60's and early 70's often have very weak edge milling.
It is very easy to make fake errors with these coins by completely removing the edge milling and burnishing the tooling marks. There is an extremely tiny loss in weight, well inside the remedy tolerance standards.
These sort of fake errors are very difficult to detect, and for this reason, I always steer very clear of them.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1094 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2021  04:27 am  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I believe there is a rare 20c error called a swan 2 where part of the bottom of the 2 is missing metal but also at the neck of the 2 there is also metal missing, never seen one only read about it, maybe here.
Formerly nancyc
Australia
5276 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2021  6:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nevol to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
20c error called a swan 2 where part of the bottom of the 2 is missing metal but also at the neck of the 2 there is also metal missing,
Not ringing any bells for me, but here's a piccie of a Bradman with the filled R on the Obv
Australia
27 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2021  8:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add crab eater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
G'day all, thought I would share this pic of a 1980 20cent piece . Had a look at Renniks Error Book and it has a reference to a 'Blob' error .
This blob is raised and all on its own next to the zero.
Is this a 'blob' error ?,any one seen a 'blob' error?

a couple of closer pictures

Edited by crab eater
06/12/2021 9:39 pm
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1829 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2021  07:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr T to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find - I haven't seen one like that before.
Small die chips are not uncommon but that's quite sizeable.
Australia
27 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2021  03:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add crab eater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for your comment MrT, Do you have a mowhawk?
Maybe a lot of necklaces?
Can you confirm it is a 'BLOB' error coin?
Really hoping it is.
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 37 / Views: 13,012Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.34 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05