Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Coin Collection

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Australia
21 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2012  01:31 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Opaquer to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hey all :D. I recently re found my old coin collection. I last saw it about 10 years ago, but was too young to really appreciate it. Unfortunately, I remember there being quite a lot more than I found yesterday :(. I'm hoping mum moved the others somewhere and we can find it, I probably had about 5 times more than I currently have :P

Anyway, I've started making a catalogue of what I do have, and while it's still a small collection (probably less than 100 unique coins so far - don't worry, I plan to get more :D), I've come across some coins I can't make out (though, some of them I'm not even sure if they are coins or not :P)

First coin. I think it is something Chinese from the writing, but I may be wrong :P

Back of first coin

Front of second coin. Looks to be some kind of Arabic one. Question is, is it an old coin, new coin, or not even a coin :S? It's quite large though, and (I think) reasonably heavy though, hence why I'm thinking it might be a coin :P. Sorry about the weird angle :(

Back of second coin

Last coin (so far!) to identify. Again, it looks to be Chinese. Also, don't mind my fingers, it was the only way I could get a good shot

The back of the last coin. Sorry about it, it's not in great shape :(

Thanks in advanced, and I look forward to continuing my coin collection :D
Pillar of the Community
Thailand
1509 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2012  02:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thai-vic to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
First off, hi Opaquer and welcome to the community.

The first is Japan 100 Yen Showa year 44 = 1969.
The third is also Japan 5 Yen (I think) year 37 = 1962.

The middle one is definitely from the Middle East somewhere but will just need a bit of searching. Maybe someone else can chip in in the meantime.

Australia
21 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2012  02:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Opaquer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks! Only been here a short while and I'm already loving it :P! And right on both accounts, thanks! I never would have figured them out at all!

But yes, the second coin is indeed a hard one. There isn't anything helpful that I can see :S. That just limits it to no English numbers or letters though, so hopefully someone else has an idea of what it is :)
Pillar of the Community
United States
1620 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2012  04:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add daniels to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like Jesus on that one the others are Japanese yen I got this lastyear from the airport when I was on my way to Thailand for a 6 month deployment

Australia
21 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2012  06:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Opaquer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Haha, it does look that way :P. But it's actually just a bad picture. It's actually a guy with the turban type things that hangs down, not Jesus :P
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
2371 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2012  07:31 am  Show Profile   Check alganbagerap's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add alganbagerap to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The reverse reminds me of some Saudi coins. It could be a medal rather than a coin, can't see a denomination but it's a very shiny pic.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
2358 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2012  07:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bacchus2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I think you're right on the Saudi medal identification. There was a similar one posted a few months ago.
Australia
21 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2012  07:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Opaquer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ah, so could be a medal instead? Well, that would probably explain a lot :P. Shame, here I was thinking I had another coin to add to my collection :P
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.53 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05