Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

CCF's Second Annual "Get The Kids Hooked" Drive

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 43 / Views: 11,154Next Topic
Page: of 3
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
20768 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2012  12:24 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Here we go again.

This one will be bigger.

I spoke with many show veterans at the World's Fair of Money and this show has many more kids, apparently they arrive by the busloads for the programs they have. We gave out probably 20,000 coins at the WFoM so we need to start now. The show is Jan 10th to the 13th.

Whatever you can come up with would be awesome. The World coins that a lot of you sent for the WFoM went over well. Don't forget old Red Books, folders, albums, and magazines or anything else you think the kids can use!

Shoot me an email if you need the address. If you don't have enough posts to email me just use the contact us link at the bottom of the page.

Last time some of you just wanted to send a few dollars to offset the table costs or buy some giveaways, we've set up a Paypal address just for that if you want, it's HookTheKids@coincommunity.com

Thanks in Advance!

Learn More...
United States
16357 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2012  12:54 pm  Show Profile   Check vermontensium's eBay Listings Check vermontensium's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add vermontensium to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Can't wait
ANA LM1214396
U.S. Colonial and Large Cent fanatic.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7729 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2012  12:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oih82w8 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I understand that you are accepting donations now, but when is this event/show slated to commence?
Edited by oih82w8
08/13/2012 12:58 pm
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
20768 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2012  1:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
January 10-13, I just added it to the original post.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
5388 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2012  7:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's 6 months away anything can happen , but right now count me in.
Learn More...
United States
14451 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2012  9:04 pm  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will get more world coins and old folders to send. Do you want the coins separated into individual 2x2 cardboard flips? And do you want them identified or not?
<---- expert of nothing, student of everything. My Coin Galleries
Here is: My Want List.... to work on my: Birth Year Set

Circulating Dollar Coins ......Circulating Half Dollar Coins ...... Circulating Two Dollar Bills
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
20768 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2012  9:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nah, just ship them loose. I can flip them here and we'll let the kids try to identify them.

Thanks!
Learn More...
United States
14451 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2012  9:38 pm  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I know this will be a larger show, but at the First "Get the Kids Hooked" were all the coins and folder given away? if so, about how many YN missed out?

Circulating Dollar Coins ......Circulating Half Dollar Coins ...... Circulating Two Dollar Bills
Learn More...
United States
23522 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2012  10:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We actually just_about broke even, maybe a few coins left. According to Bobby, something like twenty thousand coins and 500 folders got given away.
Learn More...
United States
14451 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2012  10:10 pm  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I saw the numbers given away, just curious if we were short. Since we broke even, will need more since this will be a larger show.

Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
20768 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2012  10:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, it worked out just about perfect. All we had left were some BU shield cents and 2 like new Danscos for large cents and Seated Liberty halves. We held those out for the "right kid" that never came along.
Pillar of the Community
United States
538 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2012  12:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Williamsonj320 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've got a small bag of wheats I'll send you in a month or two. That will give me some time to CRH for some more first. Could you send me the address?
Learn More...
United States
13598 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2012  07:12 am  Show Profile   Check rggoodie's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rggoodie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will be there I'm here now - looking for the rest of you.

The FUN show is great but before you breakout our suntan lotion the last few years we had temperatures in the 50s and rain, For 2013 the forecast is for temps to b 57-75

So come on down and enjoy the Sunshine state state of confusion.

a word of warning please be careful in years past we have had one or two people (dealers)who were no careful and packed their goods into their cars and went to lunch/dinner and came out to find their "treasures" had been carefully removed from their vehicles.
Learn More...
United States
16357 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2012  2:00 pm  Show Profile   Check vermontensium's eBay Listings Check vermontensium's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add vermontensium to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just read an article in CoinWorld about that very thing. The crooks plant a small, magnetic GPS tracking device on a targeted dealers car, follow them as long as it takes, wait till they leave sight of their car (sometimes for a very brief amount of time), and bam.
Not even in the locked trunk of your car are they safe.

Be aware of your surroundings, constantly.
ANA LM1214396
U.S. Colonial and Large Cent fanatic.
Pillar of the Community
1283 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2012  7:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add throwbackid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bobby,

I sent you $25 via paypal gift. Please PM me an adress so I can send in my old coin magazines and red books.

Thank you
Learn More...
United States
14451 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2012  12:27 am  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bobby,

Do you need more 2x2 flips or other supplies?

Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 43 / Views: 11,154Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.92 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05