Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Still Not Loving The Shield Cent

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
1503 Posts
 Posted 11/05/2012  6:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinstar to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like them!
Pillar of the Community
1028 Posts
 Posted 11/05/2012  9:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hesgut to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
LP12 probably would have been my favorite, but just like the little comment says, the feather and the sword being the same size looks silly. That is the most esthetically pleasing design, but it's illogical. LP11 looks bad. The likeness just looks like she saw a ghost and her clothing looks bad. The idea of the capital building is ok, and I like LP01, but all the subsequent ones just show it from some stupid angle, with LP05 looking like a toy and being the worst.

I also can't believe LP18 was almost chosen. That one is the worst one of all. I reminds me of a turkey. It is also very plain and unappealing.
Edited by hesgut
11/05/2012 9:32 pm
Valued Member
United States
55 Posts
 Posted 11/05/2012  9:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add new12collector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
#16 is pretty bad. The eagle looks like a flying eggplant and the motto sounds like it came out of a corny fantasy novel.
Edited by new12collector
11/05/2012 9:39 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1411 Posts
 Posted 11/05/2012  9:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Windchild to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like #9, #14 and #17
Pillar of the Community
United States
2734 Posts
 Posted 11/05/2012  10:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DNA to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The shield design is simple enough to look decent on a modern low-relief business strike Cent. It's much better in Proof, of course.

I'll take the shield reverse over the "trolley car" LMC, but the original LWC reverse is still the best.

LP14 and LP17 would have made for stunning Proof Cents,
but I don't think the details would have translated too well to standard low-relief business strike surfaces.

Out of all those proposals, LP13 (what we ended up with) is the best choice for regular business strike Cents.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1210 Posts
 Posted 11/05/2012  10:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hondo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
12 and 14 are great. Either one would have been great, but I'm happy with what they came up with.
Pillar of the Community
United States
862 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2012  01:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add perfessor to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I really like LP01 and LP14. Either of these would be really nice. The shield design they chose is ok but uninspiring. I don't think it will really matter too much though because in another year or two they will stop making cents altogether. Maybe they could use one of the other designs for some kind of sendoff of the cent. Just a thought.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2651 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2012  09:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jayman931 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like 02 (with 2 as my fav), 03, 04....05 is cool just cause it is a slightly overhead view which hasn't been done to my knowledge on a coin.
Edited by Jayman931
11/06/2012 09:58 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1087 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2012  10:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stud722 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am a fan of the shield. I also enjoyed the 2009 variety. I guess I like the change in the coin....more variety in my collection. Just my two Lincoln cents.
264 Countries and Counting!
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.73 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05