Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Wrong Planchet Toonie On Loonie Strike

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2546 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2019  06:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome back to the "coin-site" world, Finian. I, too, remember you from the old CCRS days when it was in its prime. Great coin and I'm not even into errors, but I would love to see the look on KOATT's (ty) face when he would have a chance to see it.
Learn More...
Canada
8560 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2019  10:16 am  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ty has one already Bill. I think he picked it up at one of Chuck Moore's auctions.
"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Pillar of the Community
Canada
528 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2019  11:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add t_y to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
First of all: Wade, that twoonie is among my 5 most cherished coins - but I always thought the money was for a steak dinner.

Yes, I do have a twoonie on a loon planchet. In fact I have a twoonie on a penny (just the core planchet), on a nickel (just the core planchet) and on a dime (guess what - just on the core planchet). Missing something on a quarter and on a 50c (I suspect one of my 'all nickel' pieces is in fact a 50c planchet - hard to prove ...).
Valued Member
Canada
56 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2019  8:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Fenian to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, Ty has one and he had a chance to see mine when we crossed paths at the RCNA this year. His collection has me in awe.

Mine came back as MS 64 so I am VERY happy about that.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
7574 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2019  10:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Hope pics will be available soon.
"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
Pillar of the Community
Canada
528 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2019  08:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add t_y to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mine is MS63. It has no eye appeal

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
7574 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2019  10:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It has no eye appeal

A different kind of eye appeal.
Kinda like the bearded lady et al. at the circus, not a beauty but you can't help but stare.
Thanks for sharing.
"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
Edited by DBM
09/13/2019 7:33 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2546 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2019  7:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
KOATT, as I've said before .. you are amazing. The first one to start collecting the varieties of these as soon as they hit the distribution center! I loved you for that 15 years ago, and still do .. you are a true numismatist, finding your own (but expanding) niche. And you've evn widened your collecting universe!
Valued Member
Canada
56 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2019  12:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Fenian to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Picked up the coin from my PO Box today after work.

Here it is! PCGS MS 64. Top Photo from PCGS.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
2144 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2019  08:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add darryldarryl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations !
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4340 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2019  10:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
wonderful coin, great for meeting you and the coin at Calgary and taking the advice to put it in a PCGS slab, she does look mighty fine in it.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
528 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2019  12:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add t_y to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Okiecoiner.

The biggest reward of collecting are the amazing people I met - like you.
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.88 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05