Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1846-O Liberty Seated Dollar

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 2,265Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
2760 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2013  02:53 am Show Profile   Check SA4H's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add SA4H to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Your thought.
I am thinking of getting it into an NGC tomb..... the scratch on the reverse may put it in a body bag?
'Pytellc': I am still waiting for my $50 world coins from you, Mr. Carson Pytell!

*+*Bruce*+*
My coins available for trade. - My coins for sale - Coins I want/need.
"Living to Learn, Not Learning to Live!"
Yet, I'm learning to live more than living to learn!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1536 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2013  04:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add buddy16cat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
XF Details? Too bad about those scratches on the reverse.
Pillar of the Community
United States
648 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2013  05:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add xZACKx to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd say VF30-35. The scratched L and M on the reverse holds it back IMO.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5187 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2013  08:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jaobler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with solid EF details. LIBERTY is pretty strong and coins with slight weakness here are often graded as high as EF-45.

The LM reverse scratches would definitely warrant a "graffiti" problem designation from a TPG. Too bad; otherwise it's a nice piece and not cheap in this relatively high grade.
Pillar of the Community
United States
9321 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2013  08:46 am  Show Profile   Check BH1964's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BH1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No need to slab this coin. It is clearly authentic but has rim damage, graffiti, some type of surface contamination (that might come off with acetone). I agree it should make XF Details and would likely be valued at the Fine grade level for value.
ANA #R3154474
Pillar of the Community
United States
1258 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2013  09:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chesterb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
LM was an idiot.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4180 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2013  09:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dsfreeworld to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

oh LM, you dope
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12437 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2013  11:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add biokemist6 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
LM must really get around, I saw a VF 1878CC Morgan on my shop's bid board this week that had LM '39 engraved right on Liberty's cheek
Pillar of the Community
United States
3092 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2013  2:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Prethen to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Choice VF details; will not grade due to graffiti; also cleaned
Specializing in 2-3-20 cent pieces and 19th Century Proofs
Did someone mention 3CN?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
20824 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2013  2:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
EF-40 details (scratched)
Pillar of the Community
United States
3174 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2013  3:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mkman123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would sell it and buy a coin that has no problems with it
Pillar of the Community
United States
7260 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2013  3:37 pm  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am in agreement here with EF Details grafitti on reverse.
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, EAC Member #6202, NBS Member, 2ó variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
Pillar of the Community
United States
3763 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2013  4:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Joe2007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VF Details. Grafitti. Looks to have been cleaned at one time and re-toned.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5854 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2013  4:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add D0ubl3Eagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree with EF details, graffiti.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1339 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2013  6:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add babysitr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
XF-details....What a shame!!...Still a nice example at the right price!!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2760 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2013  01:46 am  Show Profile   Check SA4H's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SA4H to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you everyone for your grade so far, I forgot to ask: How much would you be willing to buy it for?
I may consider selling it, if there are some demand for it. Of course I will follow the rule of CCF when selling it.
'Pytellc': I am still waiting for my $50 world coins from you, Mr. Carson Pytell!

*+*Bruce*+*
My coins available for trade. - My coins for sale - Coins I want/need.
"Living to Learn, Not Learning to Live!"
Yet, I'm learning to live more than living to learn!
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 2,265Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.37 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05