Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post You Coolest Most Interesting Pennies From Roll Hunting!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
54 Posts
 Posted 08/26/2013  7:21 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add coinmaster2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Please post your coolest and most interesting pennies from roll searching!

Mine is a pretty beat up 1919 Wheat cent.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2651 Posts
 Posted 08/26/2013  7:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jayman931 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Guess this is my coolest...

Pillar of the Community
United States
2504 Posts
 Posted 08/26/2013  7:31 pm  Show Profile   Check CoinCollector2000's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add CoinCollector2000 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Jayman that is a major Cud! Awesome, just awesome.

My best find is a 1944 Wheatie.
Valued Member
United States
54 Posts
 Posted 08/26/2013  9:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinmaster2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is a huge cut jayman!
Valued Member
United States
364 Posts
 Posted 08/27/2013  12:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add half n a half to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll try to get pics up later, but I've found a nice 1906 Indian, a very beat up 1888 Indian, and a 1974 clipped planchet.
United States
7 Posts
 Posted 08/27/2013  12:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add shempert to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Years ago (the 1960s) I was very much into coin collecting. I found a 1914 and a 1909 VDB in rolls from the local bank. They weren't in very good shape, but hey, it was the find, right? Certainly, just finding a Wheat penny today is quite something.
Pillar of the Community
United States
621 Posts
 Posted 08/27/2013  04:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add justin3651 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I found a 1905 Indian cent in terrific shape, besides the hole drilled in it. I gave it to my mom as the end coin of one of two rolls of wheat pennies(the first 2 rolls I found in rolls since starting to collect again) I gave her for her birthday.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2651 Posts
 Posted 08/27/2013  12:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jayman931 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
CRH is really weird. I normally try to get customer rolled coins (I found that CUD from a customer wrapped roll) from the bank but last time I went in they didn't have any so I got Fed Rolled. To my surprise I found about 1 Wheat cent per roll (some had 2 some had none) The oldest was a 1934. Why did they have so many wheats? Only thing I could think of is that they have tons of pennies stacked up and some had been in the back for a long time.
Edited by Jayman931
08/27/2013 12:47 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
15984 Posts
 Posted 08/27/2013  3:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We already have a thread for this:

http://goccf.com/t/38685
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2651 Posts
 Posted 08/27/2013  5:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jayman931 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I never even visit the "Coin Roll Hunting" section...I was kinda disappointed it was made a separate category.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6082 Posts
 Posted 08/27/2013  5:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@jayman

Cool! Pac-man meets Lincoln!
- When I value " being right" more than what IS right, I am then right...a fool.
- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
- Real men play Fizzbin.
Learn More...
United States
76302 Posts
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05