Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

I Just Found This Coin

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
3 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2014  12:17 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Papachu805 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Please let me know what you think

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Pillar of the Community
United States
1566 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2014  12:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Celticsoul to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a little bit of rim damage. We would have to see the other side to get a date and mintmark. Please send a photo of the front
Learn More...
United States
14293 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2014  12:23 am  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I moved your thread to the section for US Modern Variety and Error Coins

<---- expert of nothing, student of everything. My Coin Galleries
Here is: My Want List.... to work on my: Birth Year Set

Circulating Dollar Coins ......Circulating Half Dollar Coins ...... Circulating Two Dollar Bills
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2014  12:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Papachu805 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The picture looks blurry but it looks like it was double stamped because the is a "O" like if it was the "OF AMERICA because below the "O" there is a letter you like in EPLURIBUS I need to take better photo

Learn More...
United States
14293 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2014  12:38 am  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
can you get a closeup image of only the part you see in question?

Circulating Dollar Coins ......Circulating Half Dollar Coins ...... Circulating Two Dollar Bills
Pillar of the Community
United States
4809 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2014  12:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rackster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like PMD to me - an impression of another coin.
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2014  01:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Papachu805 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A little bit more clear

Learn More...
United States
14293 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2014  01:35 am  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with Rackster, looks like an impression from another coin, possibly done in a vise.

Pillar of the Community
Korea, Republic Of
1881 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2014  08:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Matteproof to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
PMD for sure.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4809 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2014  11:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rackster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As the experts here note, one thing to check is to see if the lettering is raised relief or if the subject item is incuse. Looking at your specimen, you'll note that the inside of the 'O' is raised where in OF it is not. 'BUS' is also a mirrored, incuse feature meaning another coin was pressed up against your coin with significant pressure. Hold the mirror and things should read correctly.

to CCF!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
42246 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2014  12:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

I agree with PSD. Note the rim is bent out of round and the reverse shows the mirrored devices of "BUS" from PLURIBUS from another coin.

I feel this was done with a couple pieces of wood, two coins and a very heavy swing from a hammer. A vise would have left more of an imprint on the coin. Just those localized mirrored devices show that would be close to the shape of a hammer.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
07/12/2014 12:45 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
726 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2014  3:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add persistnt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think what they are saying is your coin is fake- 1967 a very common year, nothing special...worth 25c ..
Pillar of the Community
United States
1804 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2014  4:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Domain555 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
TO CCF
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.23 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05