Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

JFK 50th Anniversary Silver Silver Coin Collection

First page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 32 / Views: 4,283Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member
United States
335 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2014  12:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add zookr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For its uniqueness, the 1st ever Kennedy reverse proof. - no matte finishes? Hmmm
Valued Member
United States
462 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2014  3:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KisNap to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My two sets are arriving on 11/3
Pillar of the Community
United States
1228 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2014  4:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HOLLYWOOD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Kennedy was a very popular president with 85,670 sets sold whithin the first 12 hours I'm opting for the higher pregraded set with much lower populations the mintages could reach 300K !

Pillar of the Community
United States
4844 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2014  7:35 pm  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
im opting for the higher pregraded set with much lower populations the mintages could reach 300K !

I assume you mean a 70 graded set....that is probably easier than trying to get your own graded but it will still be of the same 300k mintage set.

I should add there will be a bunch of 70 graded sets hitting the market VERY soon...presales will be abundant
Valued Member
United States
297 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2014  7:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chettieyy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bought two sets... One to keep in original packaging and if the quality of the coins is of what I am expecting they will be, then the other set will most likely be sent out to be graded.. oh wait what about the dansco better get another set!

On another note I cant wait for it to arrive.. its like I'm a kid at Christmas everytime I see the mailman bringing a box or package to my door which has been quite often lately

edited: for my bad spelling
Edited by chettieyy
10/30/2014 7:51 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1228 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2014  9:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HOLLYWOOD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I assume you mean a 70 graded set....that is probably easier than trying to get your own graded but it will still be of the same 300k mintage set.

I should add there will be a bunch of 70 graded sets hitting the market VERY soon...presales will be abundant

Multi Holder fs 70 set with low pop.

https://www.google.com/search?q=PCG...%3B439%3B284

http://www.PCGS.com/News/New-From-P...n-One-Holder

Pillar of the Community
United States
829 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2014  10:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add atticguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ugg! I spent lots of money this week for my Kennedy collection.

I bought two of the 2014-silver four-packs on Tuesday (one definitely for me and one for a buddy who I hold will pay for later). That cost me around $205.00.
Just tonight I won a bid on eBay for the 2012-S silver Kennedy at $101.00. Much, much more than I really wanted to pay but that one is the only Kennedy I was missing (the gold one isn't even thought of).

So that adds up to $306.00 for 9 silver Kennedy halves in two days. As I said before, "Uggh"!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10496 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2014  11:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, is that what 2012-S Ag halves are going for?! Finally, buying a mint proof set has paid off!

(well, only if I were to sell - which ain't happening )
United States
22 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2014  03:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dctjr80 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've got three coming and I'm torn on whether to order at least a fourth before they sell out, I'm afraid they'll be gone by next payday lol
United States
22 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2014  03:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dctjr80 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Okay, I broke down and ordered my fourth set, if they aren't sold out in 12 more days I'll try to grab my fifth set and be done with it. This set is a no-brainer, the U.S. Mint is throwing us a bone, which they only do every so many years. Last good one I doubled my money on was ASE 25th Ann. Set back in 2011. I'm thinking double on this one easily and probably more than triple!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4844 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2014  08:42 am  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Multi Holder fs 70 set with low pop.

I love those multiholders....and the four coin job looks great.

Valued Member
United States
179 Posts
 Posted 11/03/2014  8:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add perotti31 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got home from work today and my set was in the mailbox!
Valued Member
United States
498 Posts
 Posted 11/03/2014  9:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add eSinger to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What gets me is the Coin Vault has Black or White 4 coin sets for $400.....and yet on the bay just the Reverse Proof is greater than $200. This is the first time I have seen the Coin Vault cheaper than the bay.....one other thing, it must mean that a good portion of the coins sent in grade 70 with NGC. I will just keep mine in the original box.....funny.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8091 Posts
 Posted 11/03/2014  9:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinCollector2012 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My set arrived in the mail today!

too bad I have to wait until Christmas to open it.
Sets in progress... Washington quarters, 7070 Type Set, WLH Short Set
View my collection here! http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10518
ANA: 3183215
Pillar of the Community
United States
2760 Posts
 Posted 11/04/2014  7:56 pm  Show Profile   Check SA4H's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SA4H to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can't wait to check on my set (eta today or tomorrow).
'Pytellc': I am still waiting for my $50 world coins from you, Mr. Carson Pytell!

*+*Bruce*+*
My coins available for trade. - My coins for sale - Coins I want/need.
"Living to Learn, Not Learning to Live!"
Yet, I'm learning to live more than living to learn!
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 32 / Views: 4,283Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.89 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05