Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2015 Ultra-high Relief 3-coin Set Singing Moon Mask

Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 22
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1571 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2017  7:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Redzapsid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree. This is one of the finest sets in years
Canada
14 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2017  7:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Smilodon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is my favorite set. I also bought the gold coin. It was a huge ordeal though, I think three silver sets and three gold coins went through my hands before I got 'near' perfect specimens. Andy Everson's work is really attractive compared to other first nations themed coins from RCM. I was surprised it didn't sell out quickly, but I'm glad I have my set.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2166 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2017  05:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add darryldarryl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As previously stated " one of the best sets released in years". No regrets buying the set and the gold coin.
The 1 ounce Gold coin is by far, the nicest coin I have ever seen!

Encore...

Edited by darryldarryl
01/31/2017 05:40 am
Valued Member
Canada
134 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2017  5:52 pm  Show Profile   Check Wandering Eskimo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Wandering Eskimo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2671 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2018  4:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MoneyPenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A set sold for $190 + $34 buyers fee today at Colonial Acres Auction:

http://www.icollector.com/2015-Cana...pt_i30772136
Edited by MoneyPenney
08/05/2018 4:45 pm
Valued Member
Canada
65 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2018  4:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jarms049 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's unfortunate the value of the set has dropped so much - I think this is one of the most stunning sets to date!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
6578 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2018  5:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silveroid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I think this is one of the most stunning sets to date

It is.
But unfortunately, even from the beginning it "did not well" on the secondary market.
Low mintage, but not much demand, very specific set.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2671 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2019  11:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MoneyPenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Huge discount from original issue price.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1571 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2019  8:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Redzapsid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry if it's already been mentioned, but does anyone know the actual number of sets sold? I'm sure I looked it up at some point, but can't seem to find my Charlton. And my memory isn't the greatest.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4204 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2019  10:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The published maximum mintage for the set was 3,000. The 2015 RCM Annual Report list 2,974 sets sold.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1571 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2019  09:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Redzapsid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I guess trying to buy up all the sets that go for sale is out of the question then. I wonder, if someone bought up every set that became available, and hoarded them, would the price change? Or would it still be a case of no demand = no money?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4204 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2019  09:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think the RCM's release of so many low mintage coins/coin sets has created low ongoing demand for many of them. This set appears to be one of them and will likely stay that way as more and more new coins are released (IMO). I believe, someone would have to buy all sets that come available for an extended period and then sell them slowly over time in order for selling prices to be impacted in a meaningful way. Collectors appear happy to sit on the sidelines and wait for deals on this set.

If a new First Nations art coin generated high-levels of interest, however, there could be some spillover into older coins/coin sets.

Edited by commems
12/04/2019 09:36 am
Valued Member
Canada
358 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2019  10:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vonigohcr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have always liked the First Nations mask series and the gold Singing Moon Mask is the one that I am missing and is still on my "want" list. I have not found it easy to find. In a deviation from the regular behaviour for RCM silver, the Silver Mask coins except for this series are generally selling for at or more than the issue price. They come on the market from time to time but the gold mask coins are just not readily available... at least, I don't see them.

@commems I am not sure if it is a strategy on the part of the RCM to issue many low mintage sets or their reaction to the fact that the market for Canadian product has changed. The Calgary Olympic coins from the '80's $20/silver sold hundreds of thousands each... These days, the RCM can find it hard to sell out 3,000 and have been reverting more and more to gimmicks such as non-standard shapes, colour, embellishments ranging from glass beads to 3d trees & trains.

Against this backdrop, classic well designed coins still sell well and either retain value in the secondary market or are less available... I am thinking the Silver mask coins (2009, 2013, 2014) the Angel of Victory and many of the 1oz gold NCLT.

@redzapsid. I don't think that cornering a market in RCM product, even in a very small niche will be a winning strategy. Even at a mintage of 3,000 it will be very difficult to get your hands on more than 5% of the mintage and even at that level, it will be difficult to control a demand/supply equation. The 2009 goalie mask series is a classic example of this... With mintages ranging from 95 - 748 (Charlton) there is still not a booming market and overwhelming demand for these coins.

I do like these mask coins though and agree with @darryldarryl... the gold coin is one of the best NCLT issued by the RCM.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2671 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2019  1:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MoneyPenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Seven Sets available at Colonial Acres today for $247.50.
Valued Member
Canada
358 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2019  2:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vonigohcr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Seven Sets available at Colonial Acres today for $247.50

I saw that and it is an opportunity for someone, not me though I am not a flipper, speculator or investor and already have my set. Now if the gold coin was available...
Page: of 22 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.26 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05