Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Colonial Acres

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Canada
34 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2015  4:20 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Coin1234 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I was thinking of buying from this website. I think it looks okay. Do you guys think the price is okay from the condition.
Thank you!
http://www.colonialacres.com/produc...-face-b-a-vf
Edited by Coin1234
03/07/2015 4:23 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3049 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2015  4:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add AgCoinAu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would recommend that you do a search for completed sales on ebay.... just a quick look and I found on the first page 4 in the same or similar condition under $25..
Pillar of the Community
United States
4669 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2015  5:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheForce to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have used Colonial Acres several times. Never any problems.
Bedrock of the Community
Canada
10651 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2015  5:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SHAFTA9a to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It doesn't look VF to me.
True North
Pillar of the Community
Canada
7063 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2015  5:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think you will find with CA that they charge full trend price (which this is) plus tax plus shipping. ($8.50)
You might be able to get the same bill on eBay cheaper with no tax and less shipping.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2341 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2015  6:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kuh_85 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Colonial Acres is a reliable dealer who I've bought from several times. However they do charge dealer prices as others have already mentioned. Best to hang out in the Deals and Sales sections of the website.
Learn More...
Canada
8647 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2015  6:43 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Colonial Acres do attend several shows, and with cash deals, usually offer pretty good deals to collectors. I have bought lots of coins from them over the years... and they have bought lots of coins from me. I have experienced nothing but consistent professional, polite service with the owner and his staff.
"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Valued Member
Canada
214 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2015  6:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Quatchi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've dealt with Colonial Acres (online only) for years and will continue to do so.
Canada
34 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2015  6:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coin1234 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you everyone!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1657 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2015  03:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petersun to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You buy from Colonial Acres if you want to collect (and usually when you can't find a better deal), not when you want to invest and make short term profits.
Valued Member
Canada
489 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2015  10:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add billfrak to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Like SPP said ,cash deals are the best deals. I bought
this same note prefix on Friday,cash for a unc. plus
note paid $75
Valued Member
Canada
428 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2015  10:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pginrh to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have bought from, and sold to, Colonial Acres quite a few times over the years.. I have always been impressed with their professionalism, courtesy and ethics in those transactions....
Valued Member
Canada
127 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2015  11:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pfrien to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Likewise, Colonial has always been straight-up and honest on what they offer. Never any problems with them.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2651 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2015  01:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MoneyPenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Colonial Acres is a reputable dealer I have bought many times from.

But that note is a very ugly looking note. It don't look like VF. I am sure you can get a similar or better one for the price.
Valued Member
Canada
489 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2015  06:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add billfrak to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think their note grader ,is fairly
accurate. He does BCS grading
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2219 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2015  07:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add doubleeagle59 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
At coin shows, I've always been dealt with in a pleasant manner and have been happy with my purchases.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.77 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05