Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

True Binary And Binary With Rotational Symmetry!

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 4,262Next Topic
Page: of 2

United States
49 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2015  4:54 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add flappity to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
My newest finds. It's been a long while since I've found anything of note, but these two notes gave me that little bit of excitement I was looking for.

This first one's my first true binary, and is lowish but not low enough to be noteworthy I think. But still, I like it.

This next one is another binary, but 6's and 9's. But it has rotational symmetry, which I think is cool. Rotate the bill 180 degrees and the serial number reads the same still.

I don't know if either of these are of much value for selling, so I'm not totally sure what I'm doing with them (keeping or selling). Either way, they're my most interesting finds in the past 6 months or so, since my 2-digit serial.
Pillar of the Community
United States
800 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2015  4:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coincollector110 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That second note is really cool, I've never seen one with rotational symmetry! I would keep it, even if it has no premium, still a cool find!
Rest in Peace
United States
7075 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2015  6:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Buddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The SWIMS note (second one) has got to have some serious premium value to it....I gotta go check on that....
Rest in Peace
United States
7075 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2015  6:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Buddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, it looks like the SWIMS note has about a $20 premium...not that you'd ever sell it. LOL

I seriously thought it would be more -- it is a really good number...so mayvbe it is.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3726 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2015  6:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice.
Thanks for posting.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6443 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2015  7:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverStackerKid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow. Very nice finds!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3726 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2015  7:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I guess these also qualify.
http://goccf.com/t/181847
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10829 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2015  7:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice serials! Where did you find them?
United States
49 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2015  8:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add flappity to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I work at a gas station with a fairly high volume, and I always take the extra fraction of a second to peek at the serial number of every bill that comes through. It's been lucrative so far.. I've gotten two 2-digit serials, a 3-digit star note, a few odds and ends (binaries and radars and all that), and then these two. I also have 3333 4444 laying around somewhere but that note has proven to be slippery and I don't know where it went.

Not to mention my pair of $5's with the serials: ID 2912 0034 A and ID 2912 0034 B
Edited by flappity
05/11/2015 8:21 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10829 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2015  9:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good deal! Congrats on all your cool finds.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8137 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2015  7:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinCollector2012 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It always amazes me what kinds of notes people spend.
Sets in progress... Washington quarters, 7070 Type Set, WLH Short Set
View my collection here! http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10518
ANA: 3183215
Pillar of the Community
United States
4409 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2015  01:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numisma to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Any pictures of those other notes you mentioned?
Learn More...
United States
95801 Posts
United States
49 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2015  3:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add flappity to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sure. I've uploaded them here before, but I can post my best finds thus far.

Couple of neat bills, some of the earlier finds I had.

3333 4444

My three lowest serial finds so far.

And the matching serial fives:

(They're smoothed out a bit and inside plastic holders, they look a ton better in them but as you can see they were folded pretty bad)

These were all over the past three or so years; so it's not like I find things too terribly often. But I always keep an eye out!

Aside from these I've found a couple other binary (not 0's and 1's) notes and a few radar notes, but they seem to be common and not super worthwhile to keep.

Edit: And as to a previous reply: I think the second one's awesome too. I'm really tempted to throw that on ebay and see what happens, but I'd be totally disappointed if it doesn't really catch on and sells for like 10 dollars. The binary note is neat, and like.. ALMOST low, but I don't think that would catch on super well either.

Edit 2: Actually wow. Looking at sold ebay listings, it seems that any binary note in general might be worthwhile to sell. Maybe it would be worth the time..
Edited by flappity
05/13/2015 3:58 pm
Rest in Peace
United States
7075 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2015  4:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Buddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice collection. You've had much better luck than I've had.

As for selling ... you can set a reserve price in an auction.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10829 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2015  6:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There are some really nice ones in those photos. Love the 30, 77, and 304*! WOW!
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 4,262Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.71 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05