Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Toned 2009 Lincoln Proof...what Do You Think?

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
675 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2015  12:06 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add gymcoachdon to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I ordered a 2009 proof set so I could complete the 20 different cents for that year, and when they came, the cents were all toned. What do you think? Would you rather have nice red proofs, or these? I like them, just curious what others think.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2501 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2015  12:29 am  Show Profile   Check CoinCollector2000's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add CoinCollector2000 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like it, but I would have them graded to preserve the toning if wanted bc the toning will just progress to an ugly state later
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9785 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2015  03:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd prefer non-toned for my album, but the purple and pink on the reverse you posted is really nice.
Pillar of the Community
United States
944 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2015  06:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jdiablo30 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like the toning that is on that coin!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10983 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2015  07:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes I like it .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Valued Member
United States
127 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2015  10:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Metzger22 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very cool. I am a fan of toned coins.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7661 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2015  10:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinCollector2012 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like the toning. It's a nice change from all the red Lincoln cent proofs there are. I really like that reverse.
Sets in progress... Mercury dimes, Washington quarters, 7070 Type Set, WLH Short Set
View my collection here! http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10518
My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/328488
ANA: 3183215
Learn More...
United States
73203 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2015  11:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I like it, but I would have them graded to preserve the toning if wanted bc the toning will just progress to an ugly state later
Having them encapsulated offers no guarantee. Slabs are not air tight, so coins can still tone depending on where the slabs are kept.
Pillar of the Community
United States
675 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2015  11:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gymcoachdon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
jbuck, how do you respond with quote? I have been looking all morning...
I was actually thinking it would be nice if they toned just a bit more, and since they are in my collection, the toning will probably stop.
Learn More...
United States
73203 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2015  12:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How to Quote

If you are using the Quick Reply box...

1. Type [quote]

2. Paste the text you want to quote

3. Then type [/quote]

If you are using the Reply to Topic link...
1. Paste the text you want to quote

2. Highlight it
3. Then press the 'Insert Quote' button:

So this...

[quote]Quoted Text[/quote]

Looks like this...

Quote:
Quoted Text
Bedrock of the Community
United States
15871 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2015  1:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful coin! Toned FTW!
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
15871 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2015  1:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

I've seen thousands of slabbed coins turn, it's no guarantee, plus it's EXPENSIVE. An airtite for <$1 works just as well.
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Pillar of the Community
United States
7385 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2015  1:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cascade to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Badthad, what are your thoughts on the new PCGS watertight slab for color preservation?
Pillar of the Community
United States
917 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2015  2:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coindog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I enjoy toning too but not on proof coins.
Learn More...
United States
73203 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2015  2:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I've seen thousands of slabbed coins turn, it's no guarantee, plus it's EXPENSIVE. An airtite for <$1 works just as well.
If not better.

(Still not air tight, but more so than a slab.)

Quote:
Badthad, what are your thoughts on the new PCGS watertight slab for color preservation?
Interesting, never heard of these. I await commentary.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7385 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2015  4:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cascade to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wait, you mean I get to show jbuck a thread

http://goccf.com/t/229814
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.8 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05