Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Questions About A Mix Of Canadian, Mexico And Other Coins

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
64 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2015  11:14 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Lety to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I'm trying to buy these coins from a friend of mine but I don't know what would it be a fair price. Any ideas? The 1946 Canadian coin has a crack from one end to the other. I don't know if this is an error or what. I need your assistance. Please. Thank you

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Valued Member
Canada
261 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2015  11:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add McNickel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This site might help you with the Canadian coins.
http://www.coinsandcanada.com/coins-prices.php
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18416 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2015  7:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not an easy reply to make. At some flea markets I've seen piles of foreign coins in bins for practically nothing. Then too at some coin shows they sell for a lot. Almost would have to know what each is worth to make any deal.
just carl
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11930 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2015  11:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GR58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A little hard to tell what all the coins are.
For what I see I would pay their silver price.

What I can see is
Canada
Half Dollar .3 oz of silver - 1967 and older
Quarter .15 oz of silver - 1966 and older
Dime .06 of silver - 1966 and older

A couple of the other coins might be silver, but I am not
sure what they are. Picture does not show enough detail
for me to identify them all.

But for the none silver coins I might add a dollar to
the final offer.
Edited by GR58
06/06/2015 11:11 pm
Learn More...
United States
14155 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2015  11:13 pm  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I moved this thread to the world coin section
<---- expert of nothing, student of everything. My Coin Galleries
Here is: My Want List.... to work on my: Birth Year Set

Circulating Dollar Coins ......Circulating Half Dollar Coins ...... Circulating Two Dollar Bills
Learn More...
United States
76103 Posts
Learn More...
United States
14155 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2015  11:15 pm  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
<---- expert of nothing, student of everything. My Coin Galleries
Here is: My Want List.... to work on my: Birth Year Set

Circulating Dollar Coins ......Circulating Half Dollar Coins ...... Circulating Two Dollar Bills
Pillar of the Community
United States
6362 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2015  11:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TypeCoin971793 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The coin with the square hole is a Qing Dynasty Guang Xu Tong Bao. Very common and worth a dollar or so.
Valued Member
United States
233 Posts
 Posted 06/07/2015  01:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PatAR to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There are some interesting coins there, but nothing particularly rare from what I can see. If they were offered to me, I would probably offer the silver value plus another dollar for the remaining items. Same as GR58.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2805 Posts
 Posted 06/07/2015  02:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nalaberong to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see at least eight interesting coins...

- 2 from the British Mandate of Palestine. These are uncommon and are almost always worth a few bucks (or more) each.

- 2 semi-modern Chinese coins. When the 1900s rolled in China basically collapsed into a pile of warring factions, as it is occasionally wont to do, so there are a lot of different types of these. In my experience these are uncommon and the more you can find out about them the better it gets.

- 2 Iranian/Persian coins. The grey one could be silver... or it could be copper-nickel. The earlier dates of these are worthwhile, later dates are very common, but the date side is facing down in your photos so who knows.

- A silver British six-pence, probably with George V on it. These are common as dirt but still .500 silver.

- Some kind of token with lots of words on it? It looks damaged but still interesting.

So there are a few items here worth a few bucks each. The rest of the world stuff is common.
Valued Member
United States
64 Posts
 Posted 06/07/2015  09:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lety to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you so much for the input. I'm sorry for putting all the coins in one photo. I'll try to take photos of each coin for a closer view.
Thanks
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.86 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05