Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

What A Great Relationship...

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
381 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2015  01:04 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Murphy to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
As I have mentioned before, I have a deal with my Bank to take the customer wrapped coin off their hands so they don't have to pay to have it hauled off.

I was notified by the Manager about a Month ago that they will be getting in a bunch of change from a local School District. The Schools are collecting change for a Fund Raiser and it will be deposited through my Bank. The Manager asked me if I wanted any or all of it. Of course I said yes. The Manager called me a couple weeks ago and told me the first batch has arrived. It totaled $936.30 and I picked it up last week. Here is the tally:

$14.00 Cents
$42.00 Nickels
$175.30 Dimes
$690.00 Quarters
$15.00 Halves
$936.30

Total Silver (Face Value)
$8.50 Dimes
$3.50 Quarters
$1.50 90% Halves
$13.50

When I arrived, she handed me an envelope and said "I've been saving these for you". It contained 2 Franklins, 1 64' Kennedy, and 13 pre 65 Roosevelt dimes. She had pulled these out of the drawers over the past couple Months. The Dimes included a 42' Mercury.

I also found a complete roll of 46 S Roosevelts that look really nice. Almost all of them still have Mint luster but look a little dirty. I don't really grade coins so I'm taking these to my LCS to get their opinion. I was also able to pull 13 pre-60's from the Nickels. The Cents produced 8 Wheats and $4.20 in copper.

I took in a box of Chocolate when I picked up the coin. The Manager told me thanks and said."you do realize you are doing me a favor by taking this coin"? At this rate, I am more than happy to keep doing "favors" for her.

I get my second batch of coins tomorrow. I'll post the results when I have finished searching them.

Edited by Murphy
06/26/2015 01:07 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1164 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2015  01:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hello There to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Where do you find those kind of banks?!
Congrats on your "favor."
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3747 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2015  05:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice score! I had that kind of setup before I quit. Three banks that let me pick up their cwr dimes, which amounted to about $3k per month. Lots silver Canadians coming from one schools cafeteria.
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors...
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5827 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2015  10:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ChildOfTheWheat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome score!
Valued Member
United States
381 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2015  10:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Murphy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Where do you find those kind of banks?!

I took me a while to find this Bank. I used to go to other Branches of the same Bank. But they were not very friendly. One day I decided to try this Branch and have stayed here. Even though it is farther away for me.

I have been going to this Bank for almost 10 years. Over time, I have developed a great relationship with almost everyone that works behind the glass. I really don't know the suits that occupy the offices. Every time I go in the Bank with my 19 Month old, the Manager comes out and takes her from me. My Daughter even received a tour behind the glass. I was jealous.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3342 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2015  10:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KenKat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Uh, yeah, uh, hey Murph, what's the name and address of that bank there again?

Congrats on a great score and a nice source you got there. Awesome haul!
Valued Member
United States
233 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2015  2:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PatAR to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Such kind and helpful human interactions (of both parties) greatly contribute to the joy of numismatics and life in general. Kudos to you.
Valued Member
United States
381 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2015  4:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Murphy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just found out that there is another $700 in change waiting for me. Unfortunately I am unable to get it until Monday. It's going to be a long weekend.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1891 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2015  5:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mister Kairu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow that is pretty awesome! Unfortunately my bank only puts loose coin in the coin machine and hauls them off to the fed. Hopefully I will get to the point where I can buy some bags (since I don't deposit, only pick up there) and move on from there. I already bought them donuts so I am on track to get there hopefully ;)
Learn More...
United States
76093 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
4871 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2015  12:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHuntingDrew to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is why once I turn 18, or 21, whatever the age is, I'm applying for a job as a bank teller.
Valued Member
United States
381 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2015  01:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Murphy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just finished the $700. There was

$12.00 Cents
$23.00 Nickels
$25.00 Dimes
$640.00 Quarters.

I pulled 1 Silver Roosevelt (64), 9 Pre-60 Nickels, 36 Copper cents, and 1 Wheat cent (57). Rather anticlimactic after the last batch. But they can't all be really big scores.

Side note: I cashed in most of my junk silver at my LCS today. I was able to put a little jingle in my pocket. I'll be taking my Wife to dinner and a movie this weekend with enough left over for milkshakes afterwards.

Learn More...
United States
76093 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2015  10:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I pulled 1 Silver Roosevelt (64), 9 Pre-60 Nickels, 36 Copper cents, and 1 Wheat cent (57). Rather anticlimactic after the last batch.
Not too bad though.

Quote:
But they can't all be really big scores.
Without the skunks how will we recognize the big scores?
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.12 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05