Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

New Air-tite Album Photos....

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
94 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2015  10:07 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add crusherjc to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone, I have been collecting 35+ years and I have tried alot of albums and holders for my coins, looking for the best to protect and display them. Well I have found what I hope to be my last album system! The last album system I tried consisted of using an airtite in self-adh. 2x2's, then into Lighthouse pages and Lighthouse Grande binder/slipcase. I printed out all info and applied it to the 2x2. It worked, but I never cared for how my coins looked in pages or albums, but it was the best was I could find if I wanted to use airtites. Well I found CapsAlbums about 6 weeks ago, liked how they looked on line and ordered two albums to see how well they were made and how they secured and displayed my coins. Well I really like them, and am in the process of moving all my coins into these albums. I am going to upload a few pics shows before (in my 2x2 page) and after (in CapsAlbums) for you to see the difference. So if you use airtites, and are looking for a new way to display them, look into these albums. their website is http://www.capsalbums.com

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***

Valued Member
United States
94 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2015  10:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add crusherjc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
United States
94 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2015  10:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add crusherjc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The airtite's "snap" into openings on the front of the page. They are held snugly in place. I was worried if they could fall out, but hey are held securely in place, but are removable if you need to remove one from the page. The page gives you the coin description on both sides of the page which is really nice, and I was even able to custom order a few pages for a different album because I collected the series a little different than than they way they did. Years ago when I used Dansco, They would custom write on an album binder, but you could not get pages custom printed. CapsAlbums allows you to do this, and I think this is a great feature. The binder/slipcases are well made and look great on my Shelves. I was going to just buy the pages and put them into my Lighthouse binders, but these look so good, and I like the binders imprinted, that I spent the money to use get them even though my lighthouse binders are like new!
I dont want to sound like an ad for them, but I am very pleased, and want to share with all in the group
Jim
Valued Member
United States
171 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2015  10:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add streg2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Tho I don't have any coins currently in airtites I really like your new system. Its a much cleaner look. Nice upgrade!!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16341 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2015  11:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's beautiful!
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Learn More...
United States
84335 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
604 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2015  10:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Neo13x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like it but I'm wondering if you had to buy and use their capsules for these pages or where you able to just transfer them in the capsules you already had?
Learn More...
United States
84335 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2015  10:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh, my. Looks like something to consider for the the high-end set I want to do one day...

http://www.capsalbum.com/product/ei...-album-2159/
Pillar of the Community
United States
4683 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2015  10:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheForce to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's a very attractive way to display the coins! Though the cost of air-tites is a bit much.
Edited by TheForce
09/21/2015 11:09 am
Learn More...
United States
84335 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2015  12:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree, which is why I would consider this for a high-end set. My typical low to mid-range purchases are just fine in a Dansco.
Pillar of the Community
United States
604 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2015  2:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Neo13x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I agree, which is why I would consider this for a high-end set

Just curious what would you consider to be a high end coin. I feel that each collectors budget would dictate what they would consider to be high end. To a millionaire a $500 coin is nothing but to me and most people it is a lot. In my opinion the cost for a air-tite at 55 cents up to a dollar is nothing when it comes to the extra protection it provides and I use them on any coin I want to have that extra protection regardless of its value.
Learn More...
United States
84335 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2015  2:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good question. Most of my business strike Eisenhower dollars are circulated to some degree, so the high end would need to be mint state, maybe 64 or better. Most of my proofs are nice, but not the nicest; they could be better.

So for me high end is significantly better than what I have now, but not quite registry set worthy (although it could be). This hypothetical high end Eisenhower dollar set would be the only one I would ever do and I am still not sure that I ever will (be able to) do it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7387 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2015  3:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cascade to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Jbuck... If you build it, HE will come!

And I ain't talkin about Shoeless Joe
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Japan
556 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2015  4:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Half to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is a sharp looking album setup!
Have a great day!

Want list: http://goccf.com/t/347082

My collections:
OFEC (One from every century) http://goccf.com/t/322232#2825498
BU Jefferson 1938-present, BU Sacajawea, Circulated US Date set 1776 - present
Learn More...
United States
84335 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2015  5:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Jbuck... If you build it, HE will come!
Zombie Ike?

Pillar of the Community
United States
7387 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2015  5:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cascade to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Zombie Ike will be here sometime in the next 10 days or so
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.94 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05