Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Caps Coin Albums

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7
Pillar of the Community
United States
1250 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2018  4:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chesterb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
CAPS Albums is the same as Valley Coin in Minnesota. I ordered my CAPS folder directly off the Valley Coin website as it was a bit cheaper...I think for the shipping. The holders that fit in these albums are Airtites so they aren't proprietary. I have their type coin albums and really like them. I did order custom pages to add to the album. The problem with the custom pages was the print was so large it limited the number of letters you can have below the coin slot so you may need to be creative with abbreviations and such.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4536 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2018  5:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The problem with the custom pages was the print was so large it limited the number of letters you can have below the coin slot so you may need to be creative with abbreviations and such.

Good tip. Thanks! Do you have a Washington quarter album?
Proud member of the Black Sheep Squadron!

Pillar of the Community
United States
1250 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2018  2:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chesterb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No to having a Washington album. I have the type albums only.
Valued Member
United States
77 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2018  03:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rbjr85 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Will these albums work if you have a small collection of coins in different denomination? Or is it a one coin size per album kind of thing? Right now I have My coins in 2x2s in a binder. These Caps Albums seem like they would offer better protection, but I'm not sure I want to switch over if I have to buy a bunch of different albums for different sized coins.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1120 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2018  08:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadDog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Will these albums work if you have a small collection of coins in different denomination?

Collector's Archival Protection System (CAPS) albums are designed to be used with A, T or H sized Air-Tite capsules. If your coins fit in those sizes of capsules, then you can use CAPS albums.

CAPS pages are designed to fit a single size of Air-Tite capsule. There are currently three sizes of CAPS pages. The AT 30A can accommodate 30 A sized Air-Tite capsules. The AT 20T can accommodate 20 T sized Air-Tite capsules, and the AT 16H can accommodate 16 H sized Air-Tite capsules. You can't have a single page with all three capsule sizes on it. You can have a single page with different size coins on it IF you mix and match direct fit and ring fit Ait-Tite capsules.

You can mix and match different CAPS pages in a CAPS binder. There are two widths of binders, 25mm (designed for 4 pages) and 40mm (designed for 6 pages). You can get slip cases for each size binder if you want as well.
Valued Member
United States
77 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2018  03:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rbjr85 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Do they make them for a single denomination that isn't for a specific series? (Plain, no printing.)
Pillar of the Community
United States
1539 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2018  12:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alpha2814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Do they make them for a single denomination that isn't for a specific series? (Plain, no printing.)

Yes, just go to their website and select CAPS Pages / Custom Pages (here) and select the hole-size you want. You can add any text you like, or none at all.

Edit to add: The custom albums are here. Same deal with customizing the text.
Working on: Indian quarter eagles, Chinese pandas, and San Francisco tokens; upgrading my Peace dollar and US Type sets

"Fear is the enemy of will. Will is what makes you take action; fear is what stops you, and makes you weak."
-- Sinestro to (my avatar) Hal Jordan, "Green Lantern" (2011)
Edited by Alpha2814
04/28/2018 1:26 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
4205 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2018  1:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Debrajc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I still haven't customized an album but I own several. They are very nice but as others have mentioned, really big.
They take up a lot of space but you can't bet the protection they offer.
Valued Member
United States
77 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2018  2:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rbjr85 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Alpha2814. Ok thanks.
United States
9 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2019  2:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add collector of all things to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've started using the CAPS albums. Overall I like them. However, there is a problem with the Modern Commemorative Dollar album. There are spots to place the 2014 Baseball and 2019 Apollo curved dollars, but the coins do not fit in the album. i.e. - there is not a capsule made (that I am aware) that will accommodate the coin and yet fit into the album. I emailed CAPS, but they said there is no solution. They recommended that I get a facsimile coin that is flat to put in the slot. Really?!! Kind of defeats the purpose. Has anyone who has this album come up with a solution? Or can someone recommend a solution? Can I get a domed capsule that would fit the album? Thanks in advance.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10146 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2019  9:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hmmm...I keep all my commemoratives in OGP at this point so haven't come across that issue. I imagine that will be a problem no matter what album you use.

Regarding the facsimile idea, that's not an uncommon practice for albums, particularly with more expensive coins. People will keep the real deal (many times slabbed) in a safe deposit box and have a stand-in for the album.
Learn More...
United States
79347 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2019  12:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Hmmm...I keep all my commemoratives in OGP at this point so haven't come across that issue. I imagine that will be a problem no matter what album you use.
True. If not for my newfound love of the OGP I would have hesitated on the Apollo coins. It is certainly why I did not get the Baseball ones.

Quote:
People will keep the real deal (many times slabbed) in a safe deposit box and have a stand-in for the album.
Not us diehards. We want those holes filled proper.
Valued Member
United States
470 Posts
 Posted 09/08/2019  03:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
you've sold me on them. I'm bumping "CAPS albums" to the top of the shopping list. I don't need many as I won't be having a bunch of albums. i'll have a few. I want the coins I have in albums to STAY as they are, not tone, not corrode, etc. i'll pause my coin-buying until I improve my storage.
Pillar of the Community
United States
854 Posts
 Posted 09/09/2019  10:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ham1947 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MrPink2018, You won't be disappointed using CAPS albums. Wise choice.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10146 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2019  10:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.33 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05