Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2003 Loon Dollar Question

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4
Valued Member
Canada
213 Posts
 Posted 01/04/2016  04:09 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Quatchi to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Has anyone ever seen a business strike "crowned/old effigy" 2003 Loon Dollar?
Although the usual sources (Trends and Charlton) list business strike prices, there certainly seems to be a lack of them in the marketplace...
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
6833 Posts
 Posted 01/04/2016  09:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There a few of them on eBay.
Depends on what grade your looking for.

Well circulated

MS66
Don't argue with an idiot, he will beat you with experience.
Valued Member
Canada
213 Posts
 Posted 01/04/2016  10:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Quatchi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hmmm... JimmyD, those are Twoonies...
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
6833 Posts
 Posted 01/04/2016  12:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry-
I meant to click on Loonie and instead hit Toonie
when I searched on eBay.
Don't argue with an idiot, he will beat you with experience.
Edited by JimmyD
01/04/2016 12:09 pm
Valued Member
Canada
213 Posts
 Posted 01/04/2016  2:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Quatchi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey no prob, thanks for your help anyway.
You had me there for a minute!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2340 Posts
 Posted 01/04/2016  6:32 pm  Show Profile   Check kuh_85's eBay Listings Check kuh_85's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add kuh_85 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can't say I have. Just the BU one. Colonial Acres doesn't have a listing for a circulation one either. None on eBay.
Valued Member
Canada
286 Posts
 Posted 01/04/2016  7:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add parkay to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't have one either guess I will have to start hunting also
Pillar of the Community
Canada
782 Posts
 Posted 01/05/2016  12:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add punman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I do not think they were made for circulation.
Canada
4 Posts
 Posted 01/05/2016  2:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add colbalt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,new effigy loonies were produced for circulation
in 2003. Mintage 5,101,000
Canada
4 Posts
 Posted 01/05/2016  2:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add colbalt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
None of the old effigy were made for circulation
Valued Member
Canada
369 Posts
 Posted 01/05/2016  6:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add barriecarson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've been searching for over twp years now.

It is the only loon dollar I am missing to complete my entire collection of 26.5 mm diameter dollar coins
Valued Member
Canada
286 Posts
 Posted 01/05/2016  8:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add parkay to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Both Gatewest and J&M have them listed for curculation but are sold out.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2340 Posts
 Posted 01/05/2016  9:14 pm  Show Profile   Check kuh_85's eBay Listings Check kuh_85's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add kuh_85 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've seen the odd BU one being passed off as circulation.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
904 Posts
 Posted 01/05/2016  11:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add purelywasted to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is interesting and not sure who is right, the RCM annual report show 5+ million, yet PCGS has only 9 MS (non-set graded) coins. NGC has some coins from sets listed as MS (W and unidentified OE or NE) and no one seems to have them for sale. A bit of a mystery, I just bought a BU NE (claims from roll) and PL OE, I guess I will see what arrives.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
782 Posts
 Posted 01/06/2016  12:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add punman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I bought a crowned/old effigy 2003 Proof in 2013 for under $8 including shipping on eBay. My album had a spot for it even though it was not a business strike.
Valued Member
Canada
213 Posts
 Posted 01/06/2016  11:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Quatchi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everyone!
I think I'm going to scratch the business strike crowned/old effigy 2003 Loon Dollar from my checklist as though it doesn't exist until I've see proof otherwise.
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.65 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05