Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Custom Pliers For Flattening Staples.

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Learn More...
Canada
8560 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2016  10:58 am Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I picked these up recently, Alliance Coin & Stamp (Sean Isaacs) just outside of Ottawa had some of these custom made.

They are normal, strong pliers, with flat plates welded on, then ground to a nice finish and painted. They work awesome, I can flatten both sides of the staple with a single pinch.

"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Pillar of the Community
United States
500 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2016  11:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfusion to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice tool!

I wish they would make one for removing these staples easily for when I buy them in a 2 x 2 and need to take them out to put them in my albums. I have a heck of a time with that.
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
20028 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2016  11:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cool, now you can come over my house and flatten all the staples in the 6 five gallon buckets full of coins for the kids so I don't stick myself any more.

No seriously, I'll buy the beer.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1571 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2016  12:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jpbone to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coinfusion, a tip on taking coins out of 2x2s. Never pull apart the 2x2 to expose staple ends. I get a wooden tooth pick and puncture the plastic at the edge of the coin. Slide the toothpick around the circumference of the coin. Then it just falls out in my hand. Quick. Easy. Safe.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3049 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2016  1:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add AgCoinAu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Before I picked up a stapler that cinched the staples... I picked up a pair of needle nose pliers that have a spring loaded handle.... it was GREAT.. especially when doing a lot of 2x2's..

Bedrock of the Community
United States
16997 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2016  3:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've used self seal 2 x 2's for 30 years. No toning and no staples. I'm sure we've all seen the evil staples can do.
Pillar of the Community
United States
964 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2016  3:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Albert to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Had these small flat nose pliers in my tool box for many years. Never got around to buying a flat stapler.
To remove them I carefully slide an X-Acto blade under then rotate the blade so it lifts the staple without snapping the blade.

Edited by Albert
02/14/2016 4:15 pm
Valued Member
136 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2016  3:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rage1398 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I use a staples one touch stapler, It flattens the staples for you.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11439 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2016  4:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I wish they would make one for removing these staples easily for when I buy them in a 2 x 2 and need to take them out to put them in my albums. I have a heck of a time with that.

They have 2 different ones.
http://www.wizardcoinsupply.com/max...remover.html
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Learn More...
Canada
8560 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2016  01:16 am  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Cool, now you can come over my house and flatten all the staples in the 6 five gallon buckets full of coins for the kids so I don't stick myself any more.

No seriously, I'll buy the beer.

Hrmmm... well, that depends on the beer!! (I am Canadian after all, I like my beer strong)...

Or, I could just send you one of these cool pliers...
"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
20028 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2016  02:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the offer, but I now have a stapler that does a really good job flattening them. It was like $4 from Wizard.
Learn More...
United States
76302 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2016  09:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice custom pliers.

I have the flat nose pliers like Albert has depicted.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18445 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2016  10:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I simply use a sledge hammer.
just carl
Valued Member
United States
311 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2016  11:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Justinwd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow I didn't know they had self seal 2x2, the things you learn on this sight #128513;
Learn More...
Canada
8560 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2016  2:29 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have, as of yet, to find a stapler that flattens as well as my (old or new) pliers...

My eBay store
Learn More...
United States
76302 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2016  3:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have never used a flat cinch stapler, so I cannot compare its efficacy to my trusty flat nose pliers. I have said in the past that I might try said stapler if those pliers would ever give up the ghost, but I am still confident they will outlast me.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.15 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05