Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Very Strange 1957 Wheat Penny Error

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
23 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2016  10:34 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Jolteon to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone. I have a very strange Wheat penny error I want to show you. It is two coins or appears to be two coins made together. It's fatter and longer than other wheat pennies. Any information would be appreciated!
p4G7R7I4Be4

*** Edited by Staff to add YouTube tags. [youtube][/youtube] Please use them in the future. We prefer embedded video. ***

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***

Pillar of the Community
United States
2436 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2016  09:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slider23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The best way to display your coin for advice on the CCF forum is with still photos. It is best not to slide your collectable coins on a hard surface as scratches can occur and lower the value of the coin. You should also hold the coin in hand by the edge of the coin as touching the obverse or reverse surface of the coin can leave finger prints from the oil off your skin. Do not clean any of your coins as the coin may go down value. Thanks for sharing and look forward to seeing some still pictures of your coin.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17900 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2016  09:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
listen to Sliders excellent advice.
Rest in Peace
United States
7075 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2016  09:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Buddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It appears to have been damaged when it got pounded into a bezel to be made into jewelry or a good luck piece.

Just damaged. Not an error.
United States
23 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2016  10:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jolteon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well I never thought about a bezel causing damage. That's probably it thx
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16021 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2016  2:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Partial collar strike error.

The collar was not fully in place and the planchet extended halfway out of the coining chamber. When the coin was struck the obv side was not restrained and spread out over the top of the collar. This is commonly called a "railroad rim" error.
Gary Schmidt
Pillar of the Community
United States
3093 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2016  4:30 pm  Show Profile   Check Pete2226's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pete2226 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think that a "Partial Collar Error" is a very nice find! Good job!

Pillar of the Community
United States
3644 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2016  4:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slamnbass to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice and if slider says dont slide ...dont slide
Edited by Slamnbass
03/04/2016 4:41 pm
United States
23 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2016  12:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jolteon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all for the wonderful comments!
United States
23 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2016  5:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jolteon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Honestly sorry for bringing up the dead thread again but I am so glad I joined this forum! Thank you for making me feel so welcome!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
41035 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2016  5:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This not only happens on the non reeded coins, but on reeded ones also:

Not partial area where there is no formed reed on the edge of these coins:

Where the collar is not in place, expands outward. The collar keeps it round and on reeded coins, add them on the edge of the coin.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.8 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05