Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Small Gold Colored Coin With A 2 On It? No Clue What It Is.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
339 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2016  9:27 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add General Tso to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
The title pretty much says it all. No idea what it is. It is a little smaller than a dime.

Edited by General Tso
03/29/2016 9:29 pm
Pillar of the Community
Belgium
2890 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2016  08:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petrus to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I seem to see a line on the rim (first picture 2 o'clock) ?
Valued Member
United States
339 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2016  2:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add General Tso to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Petrus have you seen something like this before?
Learn More...
United States
15313 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2016  3:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think that Petrus is asking you to post a close up of the edge so that we can see if it there is a parting line from being cast. By the way this one is a bit of a head scratcher. The text on the second pic looks vaugely arabic, but not quite to my eyes.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

United Kingdom
6 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2016  4:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add johnno42000 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is the coin possibly Indian?
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
2357 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2016  4:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bacchus2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It doesn't look like any coin I've ever seen so I can only assume a token of some kind.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
948 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2016  6:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add andyg to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These are quite modern - they appeared on eBay in large quantities in relatively recent times and have been baffling everyone since!
Pillar of the Community
United States
968 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2016  8:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Albert to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There are elements that do resemble some coins of India, but there many sizes and varieties so I wondered if it wasn't shown in the catalogs I searched.
Valued Member
United States
339 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2016  10:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add General Tso to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here are some more pictures.

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.48 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05