Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

My 313th Post Giveaway--Just For CCF Supporters

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 71 / Views: 7,865Next Topic
Page: of 5
Learn More...
United States
18617 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2016  10:52 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi. Welcome to my giveaway. Originally, it was going to be a 250th post giveaway, then it was going to be a 300th post giveaway, but now it is more like my 313th post milestone. Anyway, see below for the details. I have noticed that some folks take these opportunities to get up on their soap boxes about one subject or another. If you would like to avoid my colloquy, just skip down to the rules section of this post as that contains all the important giveaway details.

While I don't have loads of disposable income, I do believe in spending that money wisely. I spend plenty on coins and coin books—after all, this is my hobby. However, while only being a member of CCF since January of this year, I have also chosen to be a financial supporter. Frankly, with all of the expertise at our fingertips, I can't imagine why anyone *wouldn't* support the folks here at CCF. I should point out that I have no idea who exactly the owners are, although oddly, it seems like lots of folks named Bob or Bobby seem to be in charge. I'm sure that they are nice people and I believe that supporting them will spur them into making CCF even better rather than enabling them to buy another yacht. In fact, putting "my money where my mouth is" is important enough to me that being a CCF supporter it is pretty much the sole criterion for participation in this giveaway.

Here are my rules:
1. You must have that little "supporter" tag on your profile to participate. This is mandatory. Obviously, I'm hoping that some folks who haven't previously been supporters will now ante up a few bucks to help make this site better for everyone, so if you are a new supporter, please make sure that you actually have that tag when you respond. This is mandatory. CCF has made this pretty easy with a little "donate" button on the left side of your screen. Please no whining about how you'd really like to donate but can't because don't have a PayPal account and CCF won't accept your bitcoins. This is mandatory.

2. Send me a PM with your mailing address (the little envelope icon) and make a post in this topic requesting a coin. One coin per person please. I will send the coins in batches as I get time but realistically that will happen once per week on the weekend.

3. I will ship to anywhere that accepts US or US International mail. I haven't done something like this before, so please be a little understanding of my naiveté. Also, if you live in a country where your mail is routinely censored, please don't get mad if your local post office "liberates" the coin before it gets to you.

4. Postage and coins are on me and you don't need to send anything in return.

5. Coins will be protected for shipment but not in 2x2's. I'll write out the attributions as best I can, but this is not possible on all coins as some are pretty worn.

6. The giveaway starts now and ends when the coins run out. I've got about 30 of them and will give them away in the order of the PMs that I receive. I really don't know how quickly I'll run out, but will try to keep folks aware of how many are left.

Oh yes, what exactly are the coins for this giveaway? Well those of you who troll around in the ancients and medieval forum know that European minors from the dark ages, medieval times, and into the Renaissance are my areas of particular interest. A while back (yikes it was 2003), I bought a fairly large lot of AG/G copper solidi from Poland and Lithuania. They all feature John Casimir on the obv and either an eagle or a horseman on the rev. Dates, while not always visible, are generally in the mid to late 1660s. Below are pics from a representative 1664 solidus from Poland in good condition. Some of the coins are in a little worse condition and one has a couple holes, but I'll try to send those guys out last. I think that these coins are pretty common in this condition, but perhaps this giveaway will plant a seed of interest among forum folk for getting into what I consider to be a pretty cool area of numismatics.

"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
Canada
4218 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2016  10:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chequer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great contest and a great reason for the contest.

Sending PM now.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
2267 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2016  11:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey thanks for the contest, sending out a PM to you.
Let's get out and support the best Coin Forum on the web.
RCNA Member
APNA Member
CNCC Member
Pillar of the Community
United States
3606 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2016  1:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KenKat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh cool - I love giveaways, especially old coins that I wouldn't have collected. PM sent.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1512 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2016  1:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add matttheriley to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sweet! Pm sent!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5828 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2016  1:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ChildOfTheWheat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great giveaway!
PM Sent!
Learn More...
United States
18617 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2016  2:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok some brisk response so far. Glad to see so many CCF supporters.

However, @matttheriley I don't see that you are a supporter. Maybe time to re-up?

Quote:
You must have that little "supporter" tag on your profile to participate.
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Bedrock of the Community
United States
17900 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2016  4:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Although I don't need a free coin, I do congratulate you on trying to get a bit more support for this forum.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
7096 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2016  4:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add trout1105 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Although I don't need a free coin, I do congratulate you on trying to get a bit more support for this forum.

Not only are you a supporter of this great forum you are actively supporting the forum by doing this giveaway, Something rarely seen from a new member.
Well Done
Pillar of the Community
United States
589 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2016  8:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add johntookit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

When I first joined this forum,, I though the supporters where working for the forum.
Pillar of the Community
United States
527 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2016  10:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Paola1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
stopping by just to say it is a great giveaway ,the supporters guys deserve it , they are awesome !
Valued Member
United States
467 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2016  10:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add crazyglue to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't collect those types of coins-- they won't bring me any joy-- so I will pass on the free coin in hopes that about 30 others out there will get some joy.

But I think it is a cool thing you are doing and agree completely with the concept of supporting the site because of all the value it brings me, and you and others.

Great post idea!
Learn More...
United States
18617 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2016  05:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
kenkat and childofthewheat, coin sent in the mail yeseterday

chequer and silverdon, sending in the mail today

matttheriley, just waiting for your sponsor title to be reinstated

moxking, trout1105, johntookit, paola1, and crazyglue, thank you for your kind words.

any other sponsors out there interested in a free coin or anyone else want to become a sponsor? I still have plenty of solidi.

-----Ghanaian proverb

-----King Adz

Rest in Peace
United States
7075 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2016  8:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Buddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just saw this give-away!

I collect coins with animals on them and I would love to have something really, really old. So thank you for doing this.

PM will be sent right now.

Thanks.
Valued Member
United States
371 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2016  9:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jack316 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What a great idea. Thanks for your generosity. Jack
Learn More...
United States
18617 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2016  8:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
jack316 and buddy, I'll get your coins out in the mail tomorrow. Thanks for being supporters of CCF!
-----Ghanaian proverb

-----King Adz

Page: of 5 Previous TopicReplies: 71 / Views: 7,865Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.78 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05