Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your *error Notes* Thread

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 81 / Views: 9,189Next Topic
Page: of 6
Valued Member
262 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2016  9:42 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CollectorKing to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I decided since my original post wasn't getting much hits hat maybe it would be more useful to change this to a " Post your error notes" thread.

Although this is my first error note and I don't have much knowledge in the "error" field, I may be acquiring a few more error notes in the near future.. So post away!

And like I originally asked can someone put a value on this 1969C $1 w/ Major 3rd print shift error? I put it in the AU category.

Edited by CollectorKing
04/16/2016 1:00 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3203 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2016  10:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very cool misaligned overprint error.

I referenced Fred Bart's error guide (4th edition) and on page 178 there is a sample of a series 1969A $1 FRN with a very similar misalignment. Guides prices are EF $200, AU $300, CHCU $350, GEM $400......take that with a grain of salt. Your best bet for equating value would be to search the sold archives of different auction houses and find a recent, similar example for comparison.

Very cool note, thanks for sharing.
Valued Member
262 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2016  11:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CollectorKing to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the compliment Steve, as well as the reference. I thought the note was cool myself and that the shop had this note way under valued.. So I brought it home

It seems to be the further to the right the 3rd print is offset the more valuable the note is.
Edited by CollectorKing
04/16/2016 1:02 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1285 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2016  2:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add techwriter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Garnered this from a Lyn Knight auction:
== nice ink transfer full reverse to face

==
Pillar of the Community
United States
3203 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2016  2:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice ink transfer @techwriter.

I'm going to let you figure out what's the error on this 1957 $1 Silver Certificate.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
4139 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2016  3:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
StevIn Tampa, the serial #s do not match.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2744 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2016  4:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WheatBack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another mismatched serial number.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2744 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2016  4:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WheatBack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just a few errors. I have more that I haven't scanned in..

Pillar of the Community
United States
696 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2016  5:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cashhound to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am new to collecting notes and as of now I do not have any error notes that I know of. I should however see some soon as I will be handling a lot of cash.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3203 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2016  6:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Second verse, same as the first...

United States
1 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2016  6:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add befleury27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,
This is my first post on here. I have this 1988 $5 note and I wanted to get some information on what type of error this is and if it is valuable. The bill looks like it was cut short up top and the next bill on the sheet can be seen at the bottom of the note. Thanks.

Valued Member
262 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2016  6:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CollectorKing to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, this is cool stuff. I'm loving the $10 with the upside down 3rd print..
Pillar of the Community
United States
696 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2016  7:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cashhound to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
United States
3203 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2016  7:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 70's and 80's were a great time for error notes.

Pillar of the Community
United States
4956 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2016  01:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numisma to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is some great eye candy!
I've searched every single note I've gotten in the last several years for errors, including mismatched SNs, to no avail. Maybe I'll find one at some point.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3203 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2016  05:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Page: of 6 Previous TopicReplies: 81 / Views: 9,189Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05