Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Two From My Roll Of Kennedy Half Dollars

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
United States
26 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2016  10:11 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add JohnFluharty to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I'd like opinions on the grade on these and advice on how I should I best store them. They have been in the roll in a box in a safe since 1964 likely. But I do not have the safe.

The Coin on the End

Second One In The Roll

Edited by JohnFluharty
06/24/2016 10:13 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
4244 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2016  10:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numisma to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry, but neither coin is worth much more than melt. Don't worry too much about them.
United States
26 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2016  10:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JohnFluharty to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pictures are not very good, granted, but why would a 1964 Kennedy half not be worth much more than melt?
Valued Member
United States
70 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2016  10:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bnmakr1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Why would they be?
Valued Member
United States
498 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2016  10:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add eSinger to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
the 2nd one is MS64 maybe I would keep it...
United States
26 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2016  11:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JohnFluharty to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All I have is florescent lighting, which doesn't show it off well. I thought since it was the first year and only 90% silver Kennedy it would be collectable and worth more than melt. Thanks for the info guys.
Pillar of the Community
United States
688 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2016  11:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chipjones to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
John 1964 was the last year of 90%
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11933 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2016  12:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GR58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
John

UNC 1964 Kennedy half dollars are very common.
When they came out many people, not just collectors,
saved them.

Also, the U.S. was in the process of leaving the silver coin standard.

So they were saved because
First year of a new coin.
People wanted to save something Kennedy
90% silver and silver was on the rise

If you found a collector that needed to fill a hole in a album,
they might at a little more for a better grade Kennedy.

But most of the time Kennedy half dollars are traded like common
silver coins.

Pillar of the Community
United States
6325 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2016  12:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add eaglefoot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Keep the 2nd one...just because it looks nice.
When silver gets up there, sell the other one at your local coin shop and buy lunch with it ...
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.86 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05