Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Is This Against The Law?

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
United States
40 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2016  01:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add the2sportguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I do not see how this could be called fraud. Yes, it is a burden on the banks, but if they allow you to do it (even though they are not required to do so) without charging any associated fees (which is well within their rights to do), that is on them, not the roll hunter.

There have been instances I have read about in the past where roll hunters have been investigated for fraud because they were believed to have been counterfeiting coins, just because they turned in coins so often to banks.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3849 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2016  02:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
There have been instances I have read about in the past where roll hunters have been investigated for fraud because they were believed to have been counterfeiting coins, just because they turned in coins so often to banks.
Interesting. Never heard of that before, are you sure you don't mean money laundering? Would like to see a link or two regarding coin roll hunters and counterfeiting.
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors...
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Learn More...
United States
82429 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2016  5:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting concepts However, I would think notes, not coins, would be the more effective way to do either.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1119 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2016  6:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Steele to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No one ever suspects counterfeit coins. I would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for those meddling kids
Pillar of the Community
United States
904 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2016  7:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add n9jig to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Discussing a situation like this in the abstract is not a privacy violation. They are discussing valid job-related issues. Unless they are identifying you with personal data (other than say "the guy who buys Halves every Wednesday...) then they aren't violating anyone's privacy.

If you make a stink about it the word will get out and your banks can (and just might) cut you off. They are not required to sell you coin nor accept your returns, even for a deposit into your account.

Let them talk, and if they cut you off find another bank to do business with.
Learn More...
United States
24387 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2016  8:16 pm  Show Profile   Check nss-52's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nss-52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Their mistake was telling you that they talked about you.
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.7 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05