Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Is Your Dream Coin?

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 22 / Views: 2,468Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
624 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2016  2:56 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Mayflower2020 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I don't mean what is the coin that you wish you owned, but have any of you, with the amount of time you spend searching, researching and buying coins ever had them end up in your dreams?

Every so often I have a dream where I land the perfect coin, and usually for face value and then wake up angry that it wasn't true.

The other night my dream was that I had to run to the ATM for a friend, I was going quick, and hit something that made the machine spit out 40 dollars large dollar coins and half dollars. In them were CC Morgans, Franklins and Walkers and a bunch of silver. I was trying to let me buy them off him and had convinced him to let me keep the Morgans when I woke up.

Anybody else had great luck with coins in their dreams?
Learn More...
United States
112450 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2016  3:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
From time to time I have this dream about finding coins that I never knew I had. They are usually grouped in a box and came from someone as a gift that I somehow overlooked. They are often nothing too fantastic, just stuff that is rather cool. It really stinks when I wake up and realized it was just a dream.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6117 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2016  4:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Finn235 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Back when I was a cashier, I used to have dreams that one day I got my till from the cash office, and it was full of goodies. I would find the silver dimes and quarters first, then I would notice barbers, seated liberties, ancients... then I would wake up and have to check that all of my silver was right where I left it!
My Collections:
Roman Imperial
http://goccf.com/t/348979
Japan Type set Tokugawa + Modern
http://goccf.com/t/348999
Indo Sassanian
http://goccf.com/t/322087
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17895 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2016  9:58 pm  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I once had a dream I was living in the 1920's and hoarding mint red cents. The people in my dream thought I was crazy. :)
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Valued Member
United States
64 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2016  10:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Koinz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I often dream of finding piles of coins all over the floor, or finding a box or Walmart bag full of them. I think I remember seeing some Canadian coins, but the rest I think were 'imaginary', in the sense that none of the designs actually exist or ever did exist. Just something my creative subconscious conjured up for fun I guess.
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
3909 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2016  07:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add january1may to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I often dream of finding piles of coins all over the floor, or finding a box or Walmart bag full of them. I think I remember seeing some Canadian coins, but the rest I think were 'imaginary', in the sense that none of the designs actually exist or ever did exist. Just something my creative subconscious conjured up for fun I guess.

This was very common in my dreams a few years ago (except I didn't find any Canadian coins, obviously).

These days it's usually about going to markets and buying coins there. Some very detailed (if completely made-up) markets, even some that looked like actual coin shows, and usually completely imaginary coins.
Every so often, I end up getting coins that are so weird they even come out as weird within the dream (for example, in a dream a few days ago there were some 55 ruble copper coins - maybe 55 kopek, can't recall - about four inches across, with dates in the 1840s and a bunch of assorted designs for different emperors).

Of course the weirdest ever was soon after I started out with my one-kopek type set, when I had a dream about opening someone else's box of assorted one-kopek coins. There were dates all over the place in there, mostly in the future - the largest date had six digits (like 700 thousand something, can't recall the other digits now).
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17238 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2016  08:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I often dream of finding lots of change in vending machine change trays , some silver is always mixed in . also finding coins in the change tray of store pay phones . I always say to myself in the dreams , ''I Can't Believe This'', As I'm filling my pockets with all kinds of coins .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Pillar of the Community
Poland
3201 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2016  08:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DL20K to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It has happened a few times. Every time a similar scenario, namely: I find some coins in/on the ground.

They types varied but were always real ones (pre-war Poland grosz coins, pre-war German pfennigs, communist era aluminum junk) and in an appropriate condition to being dug up.

The sort of things you wouldn't be particularly thrilled to find - even if it did actually happen.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3550 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2016  10:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slider23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I used to have the following reoccurring dream before I started collecting Morgan dollars: in my dream I would find a pile of silver dollar coins. Some of the coins were Morgans and some were US silver dollars that were twice the size of a Morgan. For my collection I had to determin what coins were counterfeit. The dream went away once I started collecting Morgan's.
Valued Member
United States
280 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2016  10:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ARcoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Last night , I dreamed I had some cash & I counted it - $800. Perhaps it means I will win the lottery ?
Pillar of the Community
Norway
1358 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2016  2:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add UltraRant to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I saw the title and thought about this thread: https://www.coincommunity.com/forum...IC_ID=257913

Sometimes when I'm doing some intense coining at night, just before going to sleep, I have coins in my dreams. I'm actually not very good at remembering what I dream about, but most of my dreams are weird anyway, so I can't tell you more, actually.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17238 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2016  7:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Last night , I dreamed I had some cash & I counted it - $800. Perhaps it means I will win the lottery ?

Or it can mean ; Car Repair Costs $800 ?

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11937 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2016  8:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GR58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have this dream where every member or CCF sends me the one best coin in their collection.

Everyday I sit by my mailbox waiting for my packages of coins.

I am thinking everyone must have lost my address ..

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5828 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2016  8:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ChildOfTheWheat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had a dream last night were my parents won the lottery and gave me $30 million... I bought an old nuclear missile base (549 B, its actually for sale) and a bunch of coins and military vehicals and started a museum. I think I even bought an 1804 silver dollar and a B36 bomber. I wish...
Valued Member
United States
354 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2016  10:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add YNumismetals Collector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I dreamed of completing a MS set of pre 33 gold coins, and owning a PF 70 morgan, even though it doesn't exist.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
20684 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2016  11:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The worst dream about coins I've ever had was after I'm gone, my Son, who knows nothing about coins, takes all my coins to a bank and just dumps them into a savings account.
just carl
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 22 / Views: 2,468Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.43 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: