Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

I Recently Got A Counterstamped Quarter

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

United States
13 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2016  12:45 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add robinmtz to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I received a 2004 winsconsin quarter as change at a local store and noticed it has a counterstamp "1/4 notes" and I'm not sure if it has any value
Pillar of the Community
United States
1608 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2016  12:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RoyCoinBoy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
First of all,

Second of all,
United States
13 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2016  12:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add robinmtz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
sorry I'm not the most savvy with this camera on my computer

United States
13 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2016  1:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add robinmtz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

here is a better pic
Rest in Peace
United States
7075 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2016  3:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Buddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Well, it's worth a quarter for sure.

Here's a link to some on eBay. http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw...ed+coin

Prices are all over the place depending on the coins and the counterstamp.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11932 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2016  3:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GR58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF

Only worth a quarter.

If I could pound a counter stamp into coins, then sell them at
a profit ..., I would stay busy all day
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13579 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2016  4:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
welcome to CCF! I agree that the counterstamp doesn't enhance the value, but still kinda neat. I wonder if it is a music reference?
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Bedrock of the Community
United States
11932 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2016  4:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GR58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
but still kinda neat. I wonder if it is a music reference

I agree .. still neat .. I keep all counterstamped coins
I find.

I was thinking 1/4 notes .. was referring to a quarter of a $1.00 note.

But I guess both would work.....
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
42286 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2016  4:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting!

to the CCF!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17900 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2016  6:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe not worth much extra, but it certainly is a head scratcher.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4205 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2016  11:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Debrajc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
and I would put it in my "keep" stash.
Learn More...
United States
78564 Posts
United States
11 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2017  11:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Houndman 3581 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting find but no help here
United States
1 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2018  01:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kris5449 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi! I know this is an old thread, but tonight my partner and I were sorting through some coins and found two quarters counter struck with "1/4 NOTES". One is a 2007 P Idaho State Quarter that was in a change drawer in King Soopers, in Erie, Co. the other is a 2001P New York State Quarter that came from a roll we got at a local credit union. The roll was counted and wrapped at the Loomis Facility in Denver (now Aurora). The King Soopers in this area also get there change from loomis, so it's seemingly likely that both came from the same facility.
Doubt this helps, but might be good to know info. Did you ever find out any more on the "1/4 notes" origin or anything?
Bedrock of the Community
10197 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2018  01:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sound musical, not being silly either. Probably a musician or shop.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3536 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2018  06:53 am  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There is a music shop called quarter note music in North Carolina. Could be Crazyb0. Good call.
http://quarternotemusic.com/
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Edited by chafemasterj
01/29/2018 06:57 am
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.96 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05