Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

What do your plan to do if Dansco bows out of the Coin Album business?  

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4
Learn More...
United States
58086 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2018  10:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Other than in my Type Set, I don't have any of the Barber coins: dime, quarter, half, etc. But I don't like that design.
Awe, you know you would warm up to them.

I was going to link some previous topics with photos, but stupid Photobucket.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16690 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2018  10:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I really don't see a problem with changing Album companies. Sure it looks nice to see all the same brand but who sees them anyway? Possibly 90% of all collectors hide their Albums away from site so what difference is it if they are all different. I have mostly Whitman Albums but also several other brands. I've been getting all my Albums from dealers at coin shows for free. I simply ask dealers what the do with the Albums they buy from people. Most dealers simply take all the coins out and sell separately and throw out the Albums. I ask for them if not to much trouble. Over the years I've received many hundreds of Albums and Folders. I give the Folders to a nearby school as well as any Album I don't need. Since I get so many Whitman Albums, I mostly have Whitman but also many other brands. Since they are not out on display, only I see them. The need to look expensive is of no importance.
just carl
Learn More...
United States
58086 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2018  10:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Possibly 90% of all collectors hide their Albums away from site so what difference is it if they are all different.
Because we will still know they are different.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8248 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2018  12:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I was going to link some previous topics with photos, but stupid Photobucket.

Man jbuck, I wish I had a dollar (doesn't even need to be a Morgan ) for every time I researched something here on CCF only to come up with that stupid photobucket missing link.

I'm still finding the Dansco albums I want - 7106 Lincoln Cents that I'm filling for the grandkids. They've been out of print for some time but I even recently scored 2 NOS still in the wrapper. I'm up to 9 albums now..enough for two more grandkids...

As already posted, they need to sell out to Whitman to keep up with the market demand. I just hope they don't decide to have the albums made in China. That could be very bad...
Member SSDC
Learn More...
United States
58086 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2018  5:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Man jbuck, I wish I had a dollar (doesn't even need to be a Morgan )...
Oh, you have to make mine an Ike.
Valued Member
United States
277 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2018  10:13 pm  Show Profile   Check einstem's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add einstem to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I use a variety of different album types.
"Dansco" for the more common, modern coins (state quarters, jeffersons, roosevelts, etc.). Nice presentation at a low cost.
"CAPS" for a nicer presentation of more valuable "raw" coins (Franklins, Washington quarters, Peace dollars).
"Eagle" proof albums for proof sets still in original mint packaging
"Eagle" slab albums for collections of slabbed coins (nicer Peace dollars, etc.)
"3 Ring Binders of 2x2s" for all my "misc" coins..
No issue with using a variety.. they all serve different purposes and needs.
Learn More...
United States
58086 Posts
 Posted 03/17/2018  12:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A nice variety you have there. It is very impressive.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8365 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2018  3:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I use a combination of Dansco and Whitman Classic. Also have CAPS for my ASEs. I too don't have a problem with a variety depending on what suits your needs.

If Dansco does decide to back out of the coin album business, I'll certainly keep what I have, look for secondary market options if I need another, and then probably fall back on Whitman for the rest.
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.64 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05