Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Could this be a new discovery 1919-D triple RPM? My brother showed me this  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
11 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2017  8:05 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add 1speedy1111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Edited by 1speedy1111
03/20/2017 8:22 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2485 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2017  8:15 pm  Show Profile   Check Crazyb0's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Huh? Not enough information and need better, clearer pix.

"I'm beginning to like the taste of my feet. I find them inside my mouth continually."
United States
11 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2017  8:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1speedy1111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Should I make a new post not seeing how to add other pics
Pillar of the Community
United States
2750 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2017  8:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cwb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the forum!

Not so close.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4559 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2017  8:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rackster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You can edit a recent post and add pictures or include those in a subsequent post. Don't start a new thread though.
2016 Objective - to establish a system to organize and catalog my expanding nickel and cent collection.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2485 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2017  8:46 pm  Show Profile   Check Crazyb0's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
you can edit a post up to 15 minutes, after that post again, pix and all.
"I'm beginning to like the taste of my feet. I find them inside my mouth continually."
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
24304 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2017  8:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You can edit up to 24 hours on a post before it is locked in.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
United States
11 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2017  8:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1speedy1111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks a newbee here I got 2 other pics up there you should see three picks now. My brother showed me this coin the other day and thought I would share the pics here also. I had to use my 13mp phone and his 16x loupe to get the pics. I first told him it looks damaged but he told me he had another one just like it mintmark same way and same location. I asked to see it cause then it means this came from the die. We cant find it he says it maybe in his security bank box. But was just looking for some opinions as to who he should send this coin into, like Wexler or Whiles from Conneca.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2485 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2017  9:16 pm  Show Profile   Check Crazyb0's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Tried to enhance and look real closely at you pic. What I see is an enormously nicked up coin. So much so I'm hard- pressed to call it a D mintmark, I'm thinking more an S that has been distorted by at least three separate hits as indicated on this markup pix. This is not an unlisted RPM, just a damaged coin. Second point of reference is that most 1919D's had weak mintmarks to begin with, there were none as distinct as is here, the wear on date is more, MM would be very faint.

United States
11 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2017  9:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1speedy1111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We'll hopefully I my brother will find the othe coin he has that he says is the same and same location. Then that will kinda put a damper on any thoughts as post mint damage when having two look the same and same location. I hope he goes to the bank and searches his safety deposit box.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6155 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2017  9:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Buddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,

I think this is going to be a tough call.

Right now I think the Mint Mark got damaged on the die -- maybe a tiny crack?

If you have another one just like it, that might help, but it's a puzzler.

Hope you can post some pics of the other coin.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2485 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2017  10:47 pm  Show Profile   Check Crazyb0's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Final thought then put this to bed. The only listing is Wexler 001 where he ststes in later die state and wear, second D virtually disappears...now this may not be so here, after comparing with a similar 1919D, relative wear shows a fairly distinct D, if OP's was hit as stated above in three directions, this would distort the D in such a manner as this. I do now think it is a D MM, just damaged. No known MM is that distorted, not in circulated conditions.

Edited by Crazyb0
03/20/2017 10:47 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19098 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2017  05:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see three pics,of the same coin?
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 4+ Million Cents Since 1971
Edited by John1
03/21/2017 08:10 am
United States
11 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2017  11:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1speedy1111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes 3 pics same coin. My brother still has the coin it was the best I could do holding my phone and loupe by hand. If and when he finds his 2nd one of these he says he has I will most likely have to make a new thread but will have much better pics using a microscope
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
24304 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2017  12:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What I notice about it is that the shape of the mint mark is the same size as normal. I feel the coin took a hit on the mint mark. But always glad to see more images. Sometimes a better shot that will show me more, or confirm my first opinion.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.55 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05